Book cover feedback

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
I'd appreciate any opinions on three possible covers.

Option #1
[removed]

Option #2
[removed]

Option #3
[removed]

Last edited:

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I find the fish swimming through the girl's head in the first one to be very distracting, disturbing, in fact.

I like 2 or 3, not sure I love the font, though. It's so curly I find the words hard to distinguish.
Option 2 would make me expect sad, maybe mournful poems, while option 3 feels more hopeful and potentially upbeat.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I prefer the first one but would suggest recoloring the under-eye area to avoid it looking like bruises and maybe going for a slightly easier-to-read font. They are all workable covers.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the first one. The big, possibly troubled face is interesting. She looks like she has stuff to tell. It also gives me a good idea of what the book is about- her, a young woman's perspective and life.

The whale just confuses me, in a coming-of-age collection. I'm also less drawn in to the more distant pics on number two and three.

Last edited:

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time integrating "coming of age", "whales", and "slide a mirror to me". Maybe I'd pick it up out of curiousity, but whatever your message is, I'm not receiving it clearly. That's a problem for a cover.

JDlugosz

Registered
Reaction score
I find the title itself hard to read, with #3 being the worst.

Jeff Bond

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffbondbooks.com
Hard choice because they're all solid to me. (I expect the cover of a poetry book to be more evocative than declarative, so I don't share the others' concerns.) I'll take #3 mostly on gut feeling. #1 is interesting, but it takes me a couple beats to process what's going on.

Best of luck with it!

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much!