Facebook Group for Writers Around the World

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Lisa Spangenberg suggested I post about the group here since expats, nomads, and people from countries other than the US, UK, etc have different needs.

I’m an expat myself - I’m a Canadian, and I have lived in Sri Lanka for most of the last 14 years with my Sri Lankan husband, although we’ve also lived in a few other countries, too. I know first hand that it can be very different living elsewhere. And doing things like NaNoWriMo without anyone else in the same country as you doing it - been there, done that. The closest in-person writing group being a multiple-hour flight away? Yup.

If you’re interested in joining the group, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WritersAroundWorld/

If you have any questions, ask away!

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
We're holding a writing challenge once a month called Book In a Week (BIW) where we write furiously as we try to... write a book in a week. Or something close to it. The first one starts today! So join us!

vhilal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! As an American transplanted to France, to Dubai, back to France, and now soon to be back to Dubai, your "Location: I'm not sure I know anymore..." resonates with me! And the bit about lack of writing groups too! Can't wait to check out the FB group.

monsoon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your FB group which looks great. I have a peripatetic life moving between UK, India, Switzerland regularly. Originally from India, but based in the UK after marriage (English husband). Grandchildren in Switzerland.