November Challenge - Write Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep it up everybody! We're close now. I can see the shore!

Today:

500 words written.
650 words edited.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
Katy -- wow, that sucks. I've been through a redundancy plan quite recently. What I remember most was how awkward it felt, for lack of a better word. We sort of knew it was coming. I was still expecting people to be angry, or relieved (I was), but mostly we all felt embarrassed like on a first date gone boring.

peartree -- no Nano for me either. I did it once, and it was OK because the timing was right (new novel, etc.), but it doesn't usually fit with the way I write. I'm mostly a pantser with spurs of plotting at regular intervals, and Nano made it difficult to plot. NanoCamp suits me better.

Keithy -- semicolons, oh yeah. I love me some semicolons, I do. :Headbang:

Anyway, well done everyone!

I've now reviewed about two thirds of the book. The last couple of days saw massive rewrites. Or tweaks. Can tweaks be massive? Well, I'm sure you know the feeling. I'm also still working on the synopsis. The least said about it the better. o_O

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Day 27: 13 hand-lines, 120 digital words

spoke to a recruiter, did some work on my site (making a mobile version :) & for the 3rd item - did a (very) small un-hoarding

today was a mixed day - one weight was lifted, but it's a bit of a temporary relief…

any other time of my life I'd have just lain down and waited for the day to be over; really glad that even on a small scale I could make 3 of my 3.

ETA: not quite

Last edited:

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Layla...Sorry that you had such a bad day today. Hoping tomorrow is better for you! Yes, once the painting is done, I'll be relaxed. Well maybe. There is always something else to do around here, and if feels like finishing is a long way off. But, just like my writing, and my work training my Lab, I am going to just tackle a little at a time, and eventually, I'll get where I want to be.

Yesterday and today, however, were not meant to be writing days for me. Hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Raindrop - just for you ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Layla - hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I did 268 words today. Not my greatest, but there's always tomorrow.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing worth mentioning - the chores and "stuff to do" defeated me.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Day 28: 3 handwritten lines. Not a whole lot, but I wrote. So tired, I just wanted to go to bed...

I'm hanging in there. Did a job action; I guess 2/3 is fine for the day.

ktzeee

Registered
Reaction score
Just realized I haven't checked in in over a week!! But it looks like everyone is still plugging along. I have no idea how many words I've written and trashed over the last week and a half but somehow I've ended up with the same amt of words I had before starting my rewrite of my nano novel (75k). i think I'm going to let that MS sit for a while now and remind myself that I only started it on Nov. 1st so I DEFINITELY could use some space. Plenty of other projects to tackle, anyway.

I hope everyone has a great writing day, or an otherwise productive day! November is almost over. One last push to pass the finish line!

D.L. Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
ktzeee....Enjoy your down time from your novel, that way you can come back and look at it with fresh eyes. You accomplished a heck of a lot this month...you deserve the break!

DanielSTJ...Always a great day when you get a bunch of words written, edit them, AND love them. Nice work!

Layla and Keithy...I'm in the same boat. I opened the file yesterday, wasted some time on social media, and wrote around ~100 words. I'm happy I at least opened it.

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can safely say I won't meet my end goal of finishing my longhand WIP by the end of november ;_; That stupid sinus infection knocked me back a week and ate up all my writing time. I did manage to write 8 pages Monday night, but I've got to tear out 3 of them because I hate them and I think they're only providing conflict for the sake of conflict, but I'm not sure, and at this point I really just want to be finished.

Hope everyone makes it through the home stretch!

peartree

Registered
Reaction score
No writing done yesterday. I got inspired after I was safely tucked up in bed, but I was way too tired to get up, power up my laptop, and get it down. I'm trying to write it out today. Did get a lot done on my fantasy novel - at least 1000 words - on Monday though, which was wonderful.

Feeling incredibly rough today. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I have done 1210 new words today. I can scarcely believe it.

I've finished the last of the new chapters, anyway, although it's a bit ragged at the end.

A rest is in order, then I start editing again.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
ktz - good to see you!
DL - congrats on opening that file and *writing something*
ree - congrats on those 8 pages, and hope you feel better soon!
nice work, Daniel :)
hang in there, peartree
whoa, Keithy - out of the ball park!!

I'm hanging in there guys. I was on a two steps forward two steps back thing for a few days, but it just went to three steps back…

Day 29: 61 digital words

did more online training; took two grocery bags of clothes to the charity, they're nice things, I held on to them for a long time, but I haven't worn them for a while, so today was the bullet-biting day
3/3

D.L. Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
thereeness...Nice work on the 8 pages. If 5 are keepers, that's not a bad night's work! Hope that sinus infection is on its way out.

DanielSTJ...Keep it up!

peartree...Good job on Monday. Hope you figure out what's wrong and get yourself back on track.

Keithy...That's awesome! Nice work.

Layla...Nice work on the 61 words. Better than me. Got nothing again yesterday. Last day of the month now, so I'd better write *something* tonight. Since the long weekend, I seem to be off track.

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very glad to see this place has been alive and kicking even though I bowed out. Thanks for supporting words, and my apologies for not being very responsive. I plan to get back in the race for December, so I hope to see you in the new thread!

D.L. Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
It's the last night of the month, but I'm just not feeling it, so I'm closing out November. Here are my stats:

1. Write six times per week.
2. Write more words than I did last month, which was 11,331 total.

Goal 1. Nope. Didn't do it. I only wrote 19 out of 30 days. I started the month strong, but then fizzled out near the end.

Goal 2. Hooray. This one I made. I wrote 12,648 words this month, making the total for my WIP 46,661.

On to December....

Hope to see you all there!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
whew. Day 30: Wrote 15 handwritten lines; managed 2/3 of my goals.

Summing up - this month was hard - BUT - I wrote *every* day! I did about 7560 words for the month. See ya'll in the December thread!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Well, out of my 3 goals I managed to achieve 2. So, I'm pleased with that. Re goal 3-adding meaningful wordage on new project-I did write a few chapters, but these will need a lot of editing. So my goal of writing better first time around, didn't go as planned. But I'm pretty happy. As for December, I'm going to read, enjoy the Christmas season, do a bit of writing... chill! Happy December everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.