5 Bad Movies You Love

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Mortal Kombat. We watched this as a family when the boys were young. Earlier this year when it came on Netflix, my sons came home (Easter, maybe?) and my older son grabbed the clicker and announced that we were all going to watch. We did, and it is still so much trashy fun.

Agree. Same here. Watched this with my husband and his son, when his son was 4 (that was a long time ago). It is so awful and yet, I still love it.

I also have to add The Last Drgaon. OMG. LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie. The acting is awful, but I was a huge fan of Taimak and martial arts at the time and I still love it.

Aimless Lady

Head in the Clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maggieblackbird.com
This topic is for me because all I watch are bad movies, and I love them.

Jabberwocky. I can watch this over and over.
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane. Love, love, love this movie.
Robo Cop 2. Hob, the drug-dealing kid, steals the show.
Star Wars Trilogy Prequels. Everyone mostly hates them, but I love them. They're my fave.
Twilight Saga: I really enjoyed these movies. I can easily re-watch them.

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
3 Ninjas
3 Ninjas Kick Back
3 Ninjas Knuckle Up
Hocus Pocus
(I am adamant the above four aren't -bad-, they're just...uh...leave me alone; they hugely shaped my childhood and who I am as a person today in some aspects.)
Swimfan
(This is -not- a bad movie. -Watch- the making-of stuff. They set out to write a "Fatal Attraction story for the next generation," in their words. I watch Fatal Attraction-style movies as a genre and *starts soapboxing* Ahem. But yeah, this is a widely hated movie, but I think it's amazing.)

Reaction score
Hmm...

National Treasure
National Treasure 2

Those movies are campy and "bad," but they are awesome.

The Last Action Hero
Batman and Robin (What killed the dinosaurs? The ICE AGE!!!!! -- no, no it didn't, but I still love it)
Wild Wild West

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
here's mine!

Firestarter 2: Rekindled. (yes...they made a tv movie sequel....)
Cloverfield
robin hood: men in tights
the chase (charlie sheen/kristy swanson)
honey (luvs me the dark angel jessica alba era)

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Most of mine have already been named, so I'll just throw in for:

Double Down -- and as a bonus, Rich Evans of Red Letter Media trying to EXPLAIN the movie was also kind of hilarious.

and

Wild Zero. A movie about a Japanese garage rock band that look like greasers trying to save the world -- and a young couple's love -- from aliens, and from zombies, and from societal hangups. Also comes with an on-disk drinking game, so score! :)

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The Cell. I still think it's pretty and I love the imagery and Vincent D'onofrio is terrifying in it.
Identity. It blew my mind when I first saw it and I like showing it to other people.
Phone Booth.
Sucker Punch. I legitimately don't know why everyone hates this movie. It's pretty, interesting, a female power fantasy, original property...
Batman Forever. Most of this is nostalgia. It was the last movie I saw in theaters with my dad before he passed away and I can't deal with people badmouthing it.

Last edited:

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Sucker Punch, yeah. I love that movie. But many don't. Odd.

Criccieth

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Flash Gordon. It has to be. Who can fail to love BRIAN BLESSED chewing the scenary wherever he goes. And for someone who grew up watching Peter Duncan present Blue Peter - he looks incredibly young in this.

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle

Superman 3 (sorry - it's Richard Pryor, the fight and the cyborg that do it for me)

I wouldn't say "Last Action Hero" is bad - it's almost as much a satire in it's way as Scream. Not as clever though. I also wouldn't say Event Horizon was "bad" - but it's neither one thing nor the other - it's not entirely cerebral horror-with-some-gore like Se7en :)scared:) or Silence Of The Lambs; it's not really a "space-aliens-horror" like the "Alien" run but nor is it a "splatter" movie in space. It's sort of somewhere between three.

forsusan

Registered
Reaction score
Here's 5 more
The Blues Brothers 2
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
Any Austin Powers (vomit)
Notting Hill
I can't think of anymore right now.

Criccieth

Registered
Reaction score
OMG The Blessed Brian and I don't care what anyone says, I love that soundtrack.

It's always fun to watch him anywhere. And the music.....that and Highlander are cracking soundtracks, each ideal to their film.

(diverting to soundtracks - I also love Labyrinth: film, soundtrack and book)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, I'd never heard of "The Room," and thought you guys were talking about the 2015 film "Room," based on the book of the same name, which was confusing because IMO, "Room" was a solid flick, and much truer to the book than most film adaptations.

Now I'm gonna have to watch "The Room."

I thought they meant "Room" too. I didn't mind the film called "Room", but the book was enormously boring. I've never heard of a film called "The Room."

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Big Trouble in Little China (seriously, no one beat me to it???)
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (and neatly explains why the adventure didn't continue)
Flash Gordon
Mulholland Drive
Big Trouble in Little China (yep - it's double horrible, and I watch it every time it airs :greenie )

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big Trouble in Little China (seriously, no one beat me to it???)
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (and neatly explains why the adventure didn't continue)
Flash Gordon
Mulholland Drive
Big Trouble in Little China (yep - it's double horrible, and I watch it every time it airs :greenie )

I love Big Trouble in Little China! Watch it a couple of times a year, at least. :greenie

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I can name five movies, but I'll be naming movies already named.

Flash Gordon - bad, cliché, hilarious. It's so ridiculous and fun at the same time.
Mortal Kombat - the music does everything in this movie, in fact, it is the best actor.
Heavy Metal - simple plot (almost none), no character development, but do you watch this movie for the plot and the characters? The animation and graphics are wonderful for the time of its release, the music is awesome, and the movie was created for the music.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I confess to enjoying Face/Off where John Travolta and Nicholas Cage duel to the death to determine which one can overact and chew, devour and swallow scenery the most. The levels of stupidity and implausibility scrape new depths of dumb.

And it is glorious to behold.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed - just five is really hard - I'm repeating some from others because they are guilty pleasures:

Die Hard 2 (... and 3)
The Devil's Advocate
Cocktail

Weekend at Bernie's
16 Candles
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
No Way Out
Dreamscape

writergirl1994

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, "Room" was a great film, even better than the book in my opinion. It's a shame it has a nearly identical title to a certain Tommy Wiseau 'movie.' "You are tearing me apart Lisa!!"

writergirl1994

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen "The Cell" but I LOVE "The Fall," which is also directed by Tarsem Singh. Vincent D'Onofrio makes a hell of a baddie, doesn't he? I think he's great in "Men in Black" and the show "Daredevil."

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)
Event Horizon
Mortal Kombat (First one)
Shallow Hal
Rules of Engagement

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I'm chuckling that this thread is resurrecting at the same time there's a similar Twitter question--best worst movies--going around. Someone mentioned Dodgeball and I will not hear it! It is not bad! No, no, no, no. It is the most quotable movie ever, period.

I also love
Napoleon Dynamite
Knights Tale
Most every Nic Cage movie
Van Helsing
and Shakespeare in Love, fight me

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Flash Gordon (Water is leaking from her eyes!)
The Last Dragon (For the longest I believed I was the only one who saw it)
Big Trouble in Little China (Favorite movie OF ALL TIME!)
Krull (Come on, where's the Krull love?)

Last edited: