Newbie with question about mysterious agency

y2kita

Registered
Reaction score
I recently had some strong interest from a few agents. I have about 8 fulls out at this point and I've been querying long enough to know how the process works. For the most part.

Recently, I've been asked by an agency if I would be open to revisions to make the MS even stronger. I've researched the agency as much as I can, looking at their website, looking through Publisher's Marketplace and googling. I searched here quite extensively without an account. I've probably only seen mention of them twice. This agency has produced many Caldecott and/or Newberry winning books, National Book Award noms, but most of them are pretty older, and the agents who appear on google are no longer with the agency.

I would love to work with this agency. The agent I've been communicating with seems amazing and very good about communication. However, I also want my manuscript to sell.

I'm hesitant to even post here, because I don't want to seem ungrateful for the interest, but I like to do my research and I've found it nearly impossible to find booksales/ track records anywhere. On this forum, they are listed as a reputable agency. I've also heard people on here say they are a great agency, but this was on older posts and no specifics were given about WHY this agency is so great. Is there anyone I can talk to privately on here?

Should I be concerned at all?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You can pm Victoria Strauss (from Writer Beware) and ask her to keep the inquiry confidential. If there are issues with the agency, she'll let you know.

pat j

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I recently had some strong interest from a few agents. I have about 8 fulls out at this point and I've been querying long enough to know how the process works. For the most part.

Recently, I've been asked by an agency if I would be open to revisions to make the MS even stronger. I've researched the agency as much as I can, looking at their website, looking through Publisher's Marketplace and googling. I searched here quite extensively without an account. I've probably only seen mention of them twice. This agency has produced many Caldecott and/or Newberry winning books, National Book Award noms, but most of them are pretty older, and the agents who appear on google are no longer with the agency.

I would love to work with this agency. The agent I've been communicating with seems amazing and very good about communication. However, I also want my manuscript to sell.

I'm hesitant to even post here, because I don't want to seem ungrateful for the interest, but I like to do my research and I've found it nearly impossible to find booksales/ track records anywhere. On this forum, they are listed as a reputable agency. I've also heard people on here say they are a great agency, but this was on older posts and no specifics were given about WHY this agency is so great. Is there anyone I can talk to privately on here?

Should I be concerned at all?

===========

If they ask you for money and praise the book while guaranteeing best seller status then worry.
Otherwise you can decide if they are good enough for you or you want to hold out for a better agency.