POD-dy mouth interview with Trident- AGENT: JENNY BENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1611

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamessomers.blogspot.com
has anyone been to POD-dy mouth recently and seen this interview under editor / agent interviews?

It was very interesting...Jenny Bent talks about books that were published POD, and then she picked them up for representation and sold them.

Ms. Bent goes on to say that just because you have a great manuscript, that doesn't mean it will find a home in the traditional houses.

Ms. Bent goes on to recommend POD, for authors who exhaust the traditional routes for publication and says that once you POD the book and get sales figures and such to put with it then submit the paperback and sales figures and so forth to agents.

She said that for a POD novel, It is better not to be in bookstores because your sales figures would be tracked and you would have a more difficult time with a traditional publisher doing something with it, but that they will work around the whole first print issue if the book is good.

Jenny Bent an Agent in New York with a sales record, saying go POD, if all else fails...she's had experience folks, and has sold some for six figures that were POD, to start with...SEE INTERVIEW FOR DETAILS.

She also recommended reading any advice by MJ. Rose on the subject since she was originally POD, and has been picked up because of her successful sales, to go on with traditionals.

INTERESTING.

BY THE WAY...I recommend as she does trying to get published traditionally first, but if all else fails, take it from her...take a chance with POD, and then PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE.

Rev. James

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Potential limelight for POD authors

I spotted this blog link over at Miss Snark's blog. The owner of the blog, "POD-dy Mouth", has made it a goal to read all POD books, seeking the treasures in the slush to bring them to the public's attention. The link above is to her opening post and she's since posted reviews of many POD titles, some good and some bad. She's harsh, but fair, since her goal is to find the BEST of what she defines to be "the new mid-list." Here's the link to her latest blog entry, where she is not quite so nice to the individual books.

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Self-Promotion, because that's what it really is. But it might be worthwhile for some of you POD authors to send a book over to her. Since it's been announced at Miss Snark, there's probably going to be a lot of traffic, and if she likes the book, I imagine that sales will increase. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.