A married woman. A younger man who thinks she's exquisite.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

How do you think a novel would fare that features a thirty- or forty-something woman who works hard all day, takes care of her kids, has an emotionally unavailable husband, and who meets a slightly younger, passionate artist/musician/writer who finds her to be an exquisite, irresistible muse?Isn't that more of a mature and enduring female fantasy -- and one that often eludes older, married women?

Does he iron?

Last edited:

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, my husband irons!

Especially since there was a teensy accident the last time I tried to iron something...

He's a keeper! Oh and do tell about the "teensy" accident...Mine can sew....and better than me, and he bought an old old old sewing machine, which he used when he made a harness for our husky to pull the kids in their toboggan when they were little. He had to google the machine to figure out how to work it, I told him he was on his own....me and sewing machines do not get along :)

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Ah yes...that. I, um, kinda sorta maybe got distracted while ironing a favorite shirt and melted a spot. Not just scorched. Melted.

Bear in mind this was not my favorite shirt, either.

This is why he irons and I do the laundry. **

**:rant:(After his "what do you mean I'm supposed to separate white fabrics?" incident wherein we suddenly had a lot of pink things. And don't get me started on the time he threw my wool sweaters in the dryer.)

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes...that. I, um, kinda sorta maybe got distracted while ironing a favorite shirt and melted a spot. Not just scorched. Melted.

Bear in mind this was not my favorite shirt, either.

This is why he irons and I do the laundry. **

**:rant:(After his "what do you mean I'm supposed to separate white fabrics?" incident wherein we suddenly had a lot of pink things. And don't get me started on the time he threw my wool sweaters in the dryer.)

:ROFL: love it! Ah....the cashmere in the dryer, I remember my father doing this to my sister, her elf stuffy ended up wearing a very pretty pink cashmere sweater lol.

blackcat777

Registered
Reaction score
I always thought it would be fun to write a younger man/older woman romance (in which both are available - no cheating!) where the woman is old enough to be past childbearing age, because it would be an interesting exploration of the parts of femininity that are not linked to reproductive viability/peak collagen/etc.

I need all of my romances to have hard men and soft women or I'm out. I love the masculine/feminine polarity.

There's a graceful, classy, vulnerable, mature lady in the back of my mind somewhere, waiting to be written someday.

A long time ago, I spent a lot of time reading all kinds of stories on age gap message boards. There were some really hauntingly beautiful accounts of younger men who fell in love with women who were 50s-60s-70s, that all had a central theme of something about the woman spiritually embodying an essence of the feminine. Whether it was long hair, always wearing dresses, silk pajamas, something about the way they conducted themselves... These women never lost softness or vulnerability with age and I thought the appeal of a love story like that was really beautiful.

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
My mum was in a relationship for 12 years with a guy who was 17 years younger than him.