Although I Hate These, Here I Am

Kaylene

Registered
Reaction score
So let me start out by stating that I absolutely HATE the "ice breaker" things that bosses or teachers make you do on the first day. I'm so bad at talking about myself, it's shameful.

On that note, I am old enough to know better and young enough to still flout the rules from time to time. Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. (Or so my uncle says)

I have 2 kids that are the center of my world and a boyfriend who makes all my little problems disappear.

I love writing, reading, and editing. I mostly write romance but I'm starting to delve into sci-fi and fantasy as well.

Like I said, I'm bad at talking about myself, so I'm not sure what else to write.

P.S. I'm really happy that I've found this site. I've been looking for one like it going on like 8 years or something.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - Kaylene!

From one Chicken Wing Lover to another. :D

GeekGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!!

So glad you found a place you can come to and talk to fellow writers. The ice breaker thing is always difficult, I try to avoid it as much as possible

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might find, as I did, that it's not even unusual for your fellow writer to be a tad shy and withdrawn. Who else is so happy with their own company they can sit alone long enough to write a book, right?

Welcome!

Maryn, real shy

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Kaylene. Hated as it may be, your mandatory intro was head and shoulders above most--especially those using this forum as a promotion platform. :rant:

I also love sci-fi :aliensmile::mothership:but am currently s-l-o-w-l-y writing the sequel to my mystery :hat: with strong element of romance :kiss:b elow.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

TJovanka

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to AW. You are not alone. I'm also uncomfortable in front of people. I don't like talking at all. But we can consider it a gift so we can sit back and observe and write about it. Writing is what we are good at doing, why not take pride in it.

Gileam

Registered
Reaction score
Aint nothing wrong with talking about oneself but setting yourself as better than someone else is where the problem lies.

It lets everyone know that which you are capable of and giving people something to remember you as doing.

But welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here including the neurotic ones.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I love it when people talk about themselves. How else am i going to learn all that is interesting about them? :)

welcome.

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
hi,
I am new here, have been writing for years. Have finally developed enough guts to present my work to other people. I have been writing peotry and fantasy at one time I was a D&D er, advanced dungeons and dragons. I gmed for a few years. Stepped away for a while. I have also an interest in sci fi. Space opera. I took a peek at a science fiction company from somewhere they are suggesting space travel may not be able to use warp. Becuase it has to have away to stop the intreria. They have not found a way to do this so far. I will still warp. I don care. Warp it is.

I have a wife who I have been with for ten years thus far. We both are writing. She has CP so she needs help to do things. I have schizophrenia, I have visual hallucinations, and audio ones too. Frustration on occasion develops when things are going wrong with my mind. I bowled, gamed roleplaying that is. Watch football, not soccer, Enjoy science fiction and comedy a will as ghost tales, fantasy.

I enjoy r&r. My father was in the forces. RCAF, before it was turned into air force and than end. I was born in west Germany, that was when it was divided. At the American service hosipal, In landshult. The Canadian government told me I have to declare my citizenship. According to what my father told me,I was a tri citizen. The Canadian government told me to make the declaration,
If they wanted this to happen. Why do we (the children) have to pay for this. Not them.

JOined yje military. Got 4fed. Yes, you can get 4fed. I should know. My father said it was a mistake. I should be happy to go there. I do not want to harm people. I believe we should all be friends in this world. Its the only ones e have.

My brother had mental retyardation so he was unable to work. He can or rather could cook. I can boil water and that's it. Believe in who you are? You have worth, that's why we are on this planet to do the best we can do!

- - - Updated - - -

hi,
I am new here, have been writing for years. Have finally developed enough guts to present my work to other people. I have been writing peotry and fantasy at one time I was a D&D er, advanced dungeons and dragons. I gmed for a few years. Stepped away for a while. I have also an interest in sci fi. Space opera. I took a peek at a science fiction company from somewhere they are suggesting space travel may not be able to use warp. Becuase it has to have away to stop the intreria. They have not found a way to do this so far. I will still warp. I don care. Warp it is.

I have a wife who I have been with for ten years thus far. We both are writing. She has CP so she needs help to do things. I have schizophrenia, I have visual hallucinations, and audio ones too. Frustration on occasion develops when things are going wrong with my mind. I bowled, gamed roleplaying that is. Watch football, not soccer, Enjoy science fiction and comedy a will as ghost tales, fantasy.

I enjoy r&r. My father was in the forces. RCAF, before it was turned into air force and than end. I was born in west Germany, that was when it was divided. At the American service hosipal, In landshult. The Canadian government told me I have to declare my citizenship. According to what my father told me,I was a tri citizen. The Canadian government told me to make the declaration,
If they wanted this to happen. Why do we (the children) have to pay for this. Not them.

JOined yje military. Got 4fed. Yes, you can get 4fed. I should know. My father said it was a mistake. I should be happy to go there. I do not want to harm people. I believe we should all be friends in this world. Its the only ones e have.

My brother had mental retyardation so he was unable to work. He can or rather could cook. I can boil water and that's it. Believe in who you are? You have worth, that's why we are on this planet to do the best we can do!

Hunter14

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! Also bad at talking about myself, but this forum is pretty welcoming