THE MARVELOUS KIMMY, final draft, nears completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcmckenzie

Registered
Reaction score
A children's' action-adventure novella penned by me has been finished. All I need now is the last illustrations for it and a venue for advertising. I can only really go through KDP at this time since I never knew who to trust regarding agents, no luck getting any response, and almost getting scammed.

The fact that my state doesn't seem to have any companies that publish anything outside of non-fiction limits my options, too.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A children's' action-adventure novella penned by me has been finished. All I need now is the last illustrations for it and a venue for advertising. I can only really go through KDP at this time since I never knew who to trust regarding agents, no luck getting any response, and almost getting scammed.

The fact that my state doesn't seem to have any companies that publish anything outside of non-fiction limits my options, too.
Are you saying that you only want to publish within your state? Why would you limit yourself like that? Oh, but well done on being nearly complete :)

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yeah, I'm with Mccardey. There's no need to limit yourself to your state. People all over the world have agents in New York or London. Book publishing isn't like movies, where it feels like you're almost expected to live in LA. As far as finding agents to trust, that's easy: go to the bookstore, find some books on the shelf like yours, and then look up who represented it. If they can get a book to the store, they're good. Same with publishers. Don't cut yourself short just yet. If you want to self-publish, by all means, go ahead, but it sounds like you feel that's your only option, when it absolutely isn't.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
And I'm with both the puppies. :) Why limit your options like that? Hell, I won't even be querying in my own country.

Also, completely randomly ... your title immediately makes me think of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Probably just me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.