Regions with no MLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samchapman

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to both AW and NaNo, so this may not really be the right place to ask it, but I'm a bit concerned.

I'm in a region (Walla Walla, WA, USA) that has 275 writers but no ML listed. Does this mean there won't be anybody to coordinate local events, write-ins, anything like that? If there were no community engagement, I'd still do NaNo, but I'd be extremely sad. I'd apply for the role myself, but they're already closed.

What happens when this happens?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This problem came up a couple years ago, so I found a little thread about what to do about it (which, sadly, isn't much).

Even without being an ML, there's no reason you can't organize write-ins. I've attended non-official write-ins in previous years, even one on the road when I was traveling for work and no official ones were near where I'd be.

samchapman

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the help! I'm thinking I'll talk to the others in my region and organize informal events--I like the write-ins in libraries and coffee shops mostly, but I'll help other people put other things together. Thanks again!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
If you like organizing events at local spots and you're active in your region, you sound like ML material to me!

If you aren't interested in taking on the job, you can ask another ML in a nearby region to courtesy post your calendar or that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.