Have PM's been disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I've tried several times replying to some PM's and when I hit, "submit," not only does it not show the thing I sent but goes back to the place where I was typing

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Not that I can tell.

Try this, in exactly this order:

1. Log off AW.
2. Clear cookies and delete your cache.
3. Completely close all browser windows and Quit your browser.
4. Open your browser.
5. Log on again.
6. See if you can respond to my PM.

If you can't respond to the PM I sent you, come back here and let us know. When Lisa comes on, she'll take a look for you.

Last edited:

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I just received one with no problems, and I sent one to you right now GeorgeK with no issues.

Definitely seems like a local browsing issue. That's nae good. :(

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the test PM's. It seems to be different than quite a while ago. I can't see my reply to a PM until the original sender replies to my reply. I used to be able see my reply right away and therefore could edit it. We did have a bad power outage with a bad sort of shut down on my computer. Once I got it restarted I did a formal shut down and restart. I wonder if that's it?

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I just responded to your PM on that. If you have the latest version of your browser (particularly if it's Chrome 'cause the latest release can be a little glitch-y at times), you may have to uninstall and reinstall.

ETA: At this point, I'll go ahead and recommend an uninstall and reinstall of your browser, 'cause it really does sound like a browser issue. It's a bit of a pain to have to do an uninstall and reinstall, but it really isn't all that onerous. If you'd like and you have another browser loaded, try that one first to see if you have problems with it, as well. If not, do the uninstall and reinstall of the browser you're using now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.