Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
http://kiisfm.iheart.com/featured/a...ent-is-haunted-hes-documenting-it-on-twitter/

This is an interesting thread but mainly what I see is a guy freaking himself out. For example, animals are very sensitive to human expectation. if he expects something to be at the door at midnight, the cats will go look for it.

I would be interested in whether anyone else does see anything in this documented "haunting" other than someone seeing what they are looking to see.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I looked at the thing a few days ago. I think it's just a guy using social media to tell a ghost story.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
He's not posted since early August, so it looks like it's either gotten him, or he's grown bored with being haunted.

It's entirely possible the old house has mice, and the cats are staring at the door because they scuttle around in the hall outside late at night. Or the guy's just having fun with everyone.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I looked at the thing a few days ago. I think it's just a guy using social media to tell a ghost story.
I think he's just using social media to scare up a little publicity. He's a cartoonist and on the radio. He's probably hunting for fresh material.
As to the cats, some cats make a hobby out of staring fixedly at a random point in the room, just to freak out the foolish humans. Could be his cats are that kind of cat. (And in the first picture, both cats are staring. In the later pics, only one can be bothered.)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would lean towards thinking he is sincere even if he is publicity-seeking, but then I can be a tad naive.

shizu

Registered
Reaction score
It does seem pretty contrived. Mostly he loses me with the whole linked dreams thing; it seems too well-worn a horror trope to take seriously. Or I've been reading too much good NoSleep and it takes a lot to impress me.

But even if it's not faked, there's nothing in any of the evidence he's posted (which he admits himself at one point, IIRC) that couldn't be explained away mundanely. People seeing faces in the photos seems like classic pareidolia, especially when someone's suggested the very image they're looking for.

Plus, a cat's entire reason for existing is to generally freak out and terrify its owner at inopportune moments.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I would lean towards thinking he is sincere even if he is publicity-seeking, but then I can be a tad naive.
I would have more faith in his sincerity if it weren't for the air of 'tune in tomorrow' in his updates.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going with, "maybe not". Where's the video of the kid with the hole in his head? What's with the nonsense with the Polaroids? Not impressed.

That leaves the rocking chair and that is simply too easily faked.

Can't blame the guy though. It's so tempting. Fake a ghost or proclaim a supplement cures cancer and you can get lots of attention, make lots of money. So tempting to advertise my Ouija board games I have for sale on eBay as sending haunting messages....

But I just can't.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The polaroid thing is super easy to explain, the polaroid has a default setting to use the flash and focus on things a few feet away, his other camera has the flash off and more of an infinity focus. So the polaroid will not pick up the light in the hallway no matter how much one might think it should (yes, I use polaroid cameras, old and new).

A person who knows polaroids at all would know this, which does make me start to think this is somewhat contrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.