The Man of Legends, by Kenneth Johnson

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
The Man of Legends by Kenneth Johnson was recommended to me this morning, then this evening I received one of Amazon's "Recommended for You" emails featuring the book and I thought—yeah, weird. It's a new release and I'm intrigued.

Has anyone here read it, or are you reading it now? If so, would you recommend it?

From its Amazon page:

“Johnson takes a big gamble by telling such a complex tale invoking every genre imaginable while juggling distinct and deep characterizations. The bet pays off, resulting in a story that will be popular with book clubs and fun to discuss.” —Associated Press

New York City, New Year’s weekend, 2001. Jillian Guthrie, a troubled young journalist, stumbles onto a tantalizing mystery: the same man, unaged, stands alongside Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, and Gandhi in three different photographs spanning eighty-five years of history.

<snip>

Award-winning science-fiction mastermind Kenneth Johnson blends epic adventure, romance, and evocative drama into an intense supernatural thriller rooted in one of the great untold legends of human history.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are breakin' my heart. Okay, then, I'll be the first here to get it. Buy it ahead of the motion picture and all that jazz.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Let me know what you think of it, please, Ari. I'm currently looking for something new to read.