Cover Reveal for THE CONTINUUM!

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Celebrating today because I'm having the cover reveal for the very first novel I ever wrote. It's been quite the journey to get this one in print.

5 years ago, I heard about a contest sponsored by our local library and wrote a short story about a time traveler with some particular memory problems. This story became the seed for THE CONTINUUM, which I wrote that November for my very first-ever NaNoWriMo novel.

4 years ago, I was querying THE CONTINUUM and the agent who'd later offer representation was reading a partial of it.

3 years ago, THE CONTINUUM was out on sub and I was just starting to get worried that no one would buy it.

2 years ago, I'd taken the editors' feedback into consideration and cut the 65k novel down to just shy of 40k, determined to shop it myself as a novella.

1 year ago, I was still looking for a home for it (all the while working on other projects as well). World Weaver Press was one small press publisher that I'd always kind of had on my radar, but their submission windows were few and far between, so when I heard they'd be opening for submissions for stand-alone sci-fi novellas in early 2017, I held off on sending it anywhere else so that I could sub it to them.

And the editors there loved it.

THE CONTINUUM will be released January 23, 2018.
We've got a Goodreads giveway going on from now until Sept 6. Go check it out! (LINKY)

039-5x8-paperback-book-with-iphone-covervault.jpg

Last edited:

VileZero

This is not for you
Registered
Reaction score
That cover is baller!! Way to go and congrats on your success!

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Great cover. Best of luck with the book launch.

Ancoelle

Registered
Reaction score
What a cool cover, love the color scheme!

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
Congrats, Wendy!! How exciting!

THE CONTINUUM will be released January 23, 2016.
We've got a Goodreads giveway going on from now until Sept 6. Go check it out! (LINKY)

Think there might be a typo in there. Although it is​ a time travel story. Hmmm

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all! Props for the cover go to Sarena Ulibarri, the editor-in-chief of World Weaver Press. I love how it turned out!

Think there might be a typo in there. Although it is​ a time travel story. Hmmm
Haha. Good catch, Nora :) I've fixed it now.

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! And I love that you included the path it took you to arrive at this destination. Wishing you many more successes!

frenchpickle123

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, what a gorgeous cover! And what a cool story--it just goes to show that everyone's path to publication looks different! Congratulations and good luck!

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
PRE-ORDERS are now available!! (LINKY)

How much input did you have on the final cover art?
Quite a bit, actually. The publisher asked me to fill out a survey asking about what my vision for the cover was, and from that, she put together a handful of mock-ups. I sent back a (rather lengthy, probably way more info than they needed/wanted) breakdown of the things I liked and disliked about each of them. With the second set of mock-ups, we started talking fonts and I had the suggestion for the Titanic silhouette. The next version she sent, I opened the email and knew that YES, it was perfect!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great cover! Congrats on the publishing, hope it goes well. Pre-sale page reads 'buy this book'. I like it.

Last edited: