Writing in English language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
hariscolic.wixsite.com
I have been writing for the past 10 years or so, but nothing serious. I started out in high school and published in my school magazine. I was a guest on 3 radio shows and I appeared 3 times on TV because of my writing accomplishments. I published my first story in December 2015. I published my first poem in may 2017. That's when I realized that I should look for different competitions and try to publish more of my poems and stories, but it's been hard since literature in my country is developed, but we don't have many literary magazines and it is really hard for new writers to get a breakthrough. So I decided to start writing in English language.

I started writing in English in June 2017. So far, I have written 32 poems during these 2 months and 2 of them will be published this August, one of them will be published in 2018. That one poem has been entered into the semifinalist round for "The Luminaire Award for Best Poetry", and the results will be announced in September this year.

My next goal is to have 100 poems written in English language by the end of this year. I also hope that by the end of this year, with some help from more experienced people in publishing, like all of you, I will publish my first poetry collection in English language.

If you know any good publishers who don't have submission fees, please do tell, because after October I'll start looking for a publisher for my first book (poetry collection).

weekendwarrior

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I don't now of any publishers but as somebody who struggles with English as a second language I hugely applaud your achievements!

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations! My dream is to have one of my novels in English published. That you have managed to publish two of your poems gives me hope :)

I wish you the best of luck in achieving your own goal, the water cooler is certainly one of the best places to find help

Reaction score
Website
hariscolic.wixsite.com
Well, since the last time I wrote on the forum, a lot has happened. I am pleased to tell you guys that I'm doing pretty well when it comes to publishing in English language.

Besides 2 of my poems, that have been published in The Literary Hatchet #18, few days ago (available in pdf and in print), and one forthcoming in The Coil in 2018,

Drum rolls...

drum rolls...

Ba DUM TSSS

One of my poems has been accepted by Sentinel literary quarterly in UK and it will be published in February 2018.

One of my poems has been accepted by The Cape Rock and will be published in their forthcoming issue.

Just wanted to let you know that I already have written over 50 poems in English and I think I'll accomplish my goal of writing 100 poems, well before 2018. Huray!

Status
Not open for further replies.