Looking to learn!

Atlantic12

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Happy to be here and meet other writers and learn from all of you.

I've been writing for a long time, I suppose. I don't like to think about how long! I landed a great agent awhile ago and have been editing like mad since. I'm hoping I'll be done this century, but my kids do everything they can to prevent me. Sometimes I have no idea how to live, work, raise kids, spend time with my spouse, sleep and also write. Sometimes I still wrestle with guilt that I'm neglecting someone when I do write.

I love reading and critiquing stories that try to rise above the usual stuff in whatever genre. If I see something really special about a piece, or some way I can help, I'll try to carve out some time for a critique. I wish there were more hours in the day . . .

Hope to see you around!

Atlantic

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to carve out time to write without feeling like you've stolen it from something more worthy, like your kids, marriage, or job. Or sleep! At least here you're among thousands who understand that.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

JoyceAernouts

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.smalltownjoyce.wordpress.com
Hi Atlantic,
welcome here! I'm also a newbie, and even though I'm 'only' a student right now with barely any real life responsibilities, even I find it hard to make time to write! I guess we're all in the same boat in that regard, no matter in what phase of our lives we are.

good luck and happy learning

Atlantic12

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Joyce,
Nice to meet you! When I was a student, I didn't have a lot of time either, so I know what you mean. I guess it never really gets better!