Save 15% (?)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious - Has anyone here switched and saved 15% on your car insurance? :Shrug:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saved 30% by signing up for AAA and getting my insurance through them.

Saved about 20% on renters insurance by getting it through AAA as well, and saving 10% per night for six nights on a hotel room in downtown Chicago.

Let the lizard talk.

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Nope. We go around getting quotes from everyone once in a while to see if we still have the cheapest provider and they've never been the cheapest so far.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I have the gecko. I hate the company, but they're cheap. But their practices makes me feel they're making their money off of their own customers, not others. Like I got in a car accident, was deemed not at fault by everyone involved. Yet the gecko is making me pay the deductible. They told me I would have to fight for the money myself from the other insurance companies, unless I paid the deductible. Only then would they help me get my money. (Btw, I have full coverage.) And also, a neighbor claimed I scratched his car when I opened my door. I don't think I did. But the gecko awarded him 100%. They don't fight for you. In that car accident I mentioned, when I called the other insurance companies, they were fighting tooth and nail for their customer, treating me like I was the bad guy. THAT'S how it should be done. The gecko, even though they're MY insurance company, makes me feel like I'm the bad guy.

Last edited:

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
We are living in a Libertarian society -- "Skruooyou, I've go mine, take then money and run." One should not be seduced by ads promising The Golden Land. It's swamp land. I have the same vehicle I owned in the year 2002, the same car insurance from then and the same mechanic. The latter is great and honest to a fault.
Unless you've got a lizard or something and really need to change.

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
When I see ads like this, I make sure to read the fine print. Sometimes it takes seeing the ad tens of times, because there is so much fine print and it's on the screen for such a short period of time.

On one of these "save $xxx by switching" the fine print reads something like "based on information from users who switched and reported their savings to us". Duh!