What should Fiction writer blog about?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd add that if you land a book deal, interested publishers will visit your social media accounts (such as a blog, other). They want to learn of your professionalism, how you think, how active you are, if you are likeable, and what not. Interesting dynamics to think about.

tharris

Registered
Reaction score
I think a good place to start is by reviewing other people's books. This helps lift up other authors, gets you goodwill (unless you hate everything, I guess), and can help cultivate a following. You can also blog about your process writing and go in depth with your own writing. When I follow other writer's blogs or twitter accounts, that's mainly what I'm hoping for.

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
My real life is boring, and I don't think it'll attract the right readers. Any suggestion?

Find something you like and blog about it. I see you read, and add books to your to read list often. Perhaps come up with a post that emphasizes why you chose that book, expectations, etc. Do you listen to music? Could you write some posts on music and why certain pieces are your favourite? And I see you write short stories. Perhaps you could post them to your blog?

Find stuff that you think is interesting and talk about it! :)

I talk about books in my blog, mindsets during specific phases of writing, some music, etc. At the moment I'm writing an opinion post on multiple perspective books!

Last edited: