Hello from Washington State!

Joe Quenell

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! My name's Joe. I live in Washington, and I've been taking writing seriously for the past two years or so. I've written around 40 short stories in the realms of horror, crime and bizarro, and am currently working on my first novella. I recently got my first short story acceptance.

When I'm not writing I'm probably reading, cooking, watching a horror movie or going to a punk show. My favorite writers are Joe Lansdale, Jack Ketchum, Violet Levoit and John Skipp. I've been looking for a good writer's group for some time--I'm excited to be here!

Bill G

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Joe, Welcome and congrats on the short story acceptance! I love to hear when fellow writers get acknowledged, keep it up.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

E. Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Joe :banana: Glad you're here. Nice going on the forthcoming publication.

sobellejanet

Old Party Girls are more fun!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Joe. I am going to Washington this week. Walla Walla to be exact to check out our wheat farm in Waitsburg and to buy some wine at L'Ecole No. 41. My husband was born in WW and grew up in Bellevue. His son lives in Seattle. Very fine state, I must say.

Congratulations on the publication of a short short! Very impressive accomplishment. You'll be much appreciated here, I am sure.

Hedwig

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinetweedle.com
Welcome, Joe!

And congratulations on your first short story publication! (I'm still waiting on that one myself.)

So, you write bizarro fiction, huh? I am very interested in discovering what bizarro fiction is about! :D

Have fun looking around!

Karl Sander

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Joe! I grew up in Spokane, and have lived off and on in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island. I'll actually be moving back there in about a year! Welcome!

divine-intestine

Hardened drinker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Joe, welcome to AW!

Congrats on your first acceptance. It's a thrilling experience. :hooray: