The Cantina Staring Back At You From The Abyss

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Traditional trifle was spiked with sherry and such. Just saying.

(Yeah, yeah, I know it wouldn't work with Monkey eating it.)

I am aware of the involvement of alcohol but am mostly keen on the cake aspect of the dessert. (So, here's a story about MIL who made trifle for family gatherings but never used alcohol. She and FIL went to a local restaurant that also had trifle on the dessert menu. They were not happy. So MIL asked the waiter to have the chef come out and then she gave him her traditional British recipe. [Note that she and FIL did immigrate from England in the 50s. She was a WWII child who spent some time evacuated to Wales during the Blitz. But her trifle recipe also included... Little Debbies.] And when I pointed out that Strawberry Rolls where not a traditional British food... well, the shade was strong.)

rusoluchka

Registered
Reaction score
Cake? Cake? What about cake? You have my attention.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Aggy, wasn't there :rulez about not posting food pron? Especially for those of us trying desperately to be good. :badthoughts

And ya'll are torturing me with these incredible descriptions of deserts.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Going to try my hand at a No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake tomorrow for the hubs.

Why is it called cheesecake when it is patently NOT a cake, but a custard-style pie? False advertising! (for the record, I'm not a huge fan of cake, but with enough cream cheese frosting, I'll still eat it. Custy fruit pies, like apple or cherry, are similarly meh. Cheesecake and key lime pie, on the other hand, must all enter my mouth).

Aggy, wasn't there :rulez about not posting food pron? Especially for those of us trying desperately to be good. :badthoughts

And ya'll are torturing me with these incredible descriptions of deserts.

KEY LIME PIE FOR ALL!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
ARG, SO MUCH CAKE! I can't have cake until my dad's birthday this weekend and there's no chocolate in the house because my mom's fasting it for Lent. TEH TORTURE!!!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh whoops! I didn't realize it was Cobra's b-day.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Misfist!

birthday+cake.jpg

J'ADORE!

Or maybe it's an accidental slip and Cobra actually is a superhero called Mistfist.

His powers include:
- Herding writers (which is even harder than herding cats)
- Turning his fist into mist

Avengers, Vaporize!

That's not what I thought of when I read 'misfist'. Has anyone seen the movie Caligula? Warning, NSFW!!!!

MeWow!

KEY LIME PIE FOR ALL!

E8ab_Y.gif

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I think I fell in the key lime pie...
:ROFL: At least that's not clumsiness. That's pre-vaca exhaustion.

ARG, SO MUCH CAKE! I can't have cake until my dad's birthday this weekend and there's no chocolate in the house because my mom's fasting it for Lent. TEH TORTURE!!!
I wouldn't touch that pie ... er cake. Especially if it's this one:
40905777252_c9dda25102_z.jpg

Why are you carrying Luke, EFB? I was kinda hoping for a Yoda-like scene, though probably wouldn't have been very fitting.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Why are you carrying Luke, EFB? I was kinda hoping for a Yoda-like scene, though probably wouldn't have been very fitting.
He said he could only Force-sense the porgs we're hunting for supper if he was at a higher altitude, kind of like how you have to raise an antenna to get the reception on the TV and... I haz been bamboozled, haven't I?

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
He said he could only Force-sense the porgs we're hunting for supper if he was at a higher altitude, kind of like how you have to raise an antenna to get the reception on the TV and... I haz been bamboozled, haven't I?

Don't eat the porgs! Chewbaka resisted temptation; so can you!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Don't eat the porgs! Chewbaka resisted temptation; so can you!
Oh, okay. It's pretty impossible with them sitting there staring at me with those big 'ol eyes, anyway. But I am NOT drinking the green alien-siren milk instead. I don't care how good Luke says it is!

I have to go run some errands this afternoon, so focus and wordage must happen this morning. Must!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I saw "green alien-siren" in the What's New? feed out of context, thought "O_O", then I clicked the post and read it in context and went "oh, that".

*tucks "green alien-siren" into an ideas document for possible later use*

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, excellent. I heard this song and heard 'city sirens' and probably thought along similar lines. Other than the obvious, I wonder what are 'city sirens' would be.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I use this "... < really listening >", but that's probably wrong.