The Cantina Staring Back At You From The Abyss

smorrigan

Registered
Reaction score
*accidentally sends the door ricocheting off the wall in her enthusiasm to enter*

Hey everyone, i've not done the forum thing before but looking forward to exploring and getting to know some of you.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Where's my kraken baby? I missed it. *Goes to feed the giant monster piles of hamburgers*

*accidentally sends the door ricocheting off the wall in her enthusiasm to enter*

Hey everyone, i've not done the forum thing before but looking forward to exploring and getting to know some of you.

:welcome: You're just in time! The site just updated. It's got that new forum smell

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, we'll quite love having you here, smorrigan! And by "we", I don't mean "the Cantina itself", as if to imply it's some kind of sentient eldritch location that has stolen all of our souls NO LILY NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT STOP IT NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED

*ahem* Oh, and don't worry about the door. That'll regrow.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
On the few occasions I had a package coming from across the pond with tracking, it was pretty wild seeing the package fly across the whole American continent and Atlantic ocean in a mere matter of days. And then it'd get to the Belgian border and grind to a sudden halt where it was not uncommon it would then stay there longer than it had taken to cross continents and oceans. One package lounged at customs for 14 days before they decided to allow it through with an added 33% VAT bill to be paid before I was allowed to have it.
I'm still waiting for the beads that started this conversation. I'm trying to be patient, but the problem is, I can't get the seller's home country's (Turkey. See if I ever order anything from there again! :p) shipping tracker site to load...

Wait... Of course, the second I say that, it actually loads for the first time in the 5+ times I've tried to get it up. *facepalm* Whining fixes everything. :p Okay, lets see what happens when I enter the tracking number... As of the 26th it was in the U.S. Oooookay...So, where IS it? *enters tracking number in USPS tracker* It says "Package status: Pre-shipment: Origin Post is preparing shipment". ._. What does THAT mean??? *headdesk* Could they seriously still be in customs? THEY'RE JUST WOODEN BEADS PEOPLE!!!! :gaah:gaah:gaah

Welcome, newbie!!!!:hi: Have a smibble. *balances smibble on smorrigan's head*

Where's my kraken baby? I missed it. *Goes to feed the giant monster piles of hamburgers*
That reminds me, the raptors are probably hungry, too! *grabs arm full of steaks and heads to the raptor pen*

Morning, Cantina. (Feels good to say that again. :)) It snowed a good several inches overnight. *is cold* I also have a tiny headache, probably partially because of the shift in weather. I didn't do as well on the writing front yesterday as I wanted to because I hit a roadblock, but I think I got past it right before shutting my laptop down for the night, so I'm hoping to do better today. I also started watching the Anne of Green Gables mini series from the 80's that my aunt got me. Got through the first hour-and-a-half part last night and it's making me happy so far. I feel like, compared to the girls they got to play Anne for the current PBS adaptation (<3), and for Netflix's Anne with an E (Curse it and crush it, we're still mad at it, preciousss) , this girl in the 80's series feels and looks a teensy tad old for 12 years old, but knowing that this series went on until Anne was older I can see why they would have wanted a girl they could age up easily with a change of clothes, hair, and mannerisms. Looking forward to watching more.

Off to go write!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Oh! that's what that smell is. Whew. I was worried it was me.

Also, welcome to the cantina. Don't feed the raptors. Or E.F.B
You say that like I'll bite off fingers or something... *grins pointy-toothed grin*

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs all the Cantinats :e2grouphu*

I just vastly overcooked some eggs, and they blew up. Well, one of them blew up, the others just went flying after the explosion. Egg and smoke everywhere. I think I might need to get a new pot. It's still in one piece, and I can't see it's been deformed, but it's kind of burnt.

How? :scared:

Yes, we'll quite love having you here, smorrigan! And by "we", I don't mean "the Cantina itself", as if to imply it's some kind of sentient eldritch location that has stolen all of our souls NO LILY NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT STOP IT NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED NOT ALLOWED

*ahem* Oh, and don't worry about the door. That'll regrow.

Ahhh, lily, what joy you bring to our poor, dark, unsouled heart. :evil

Oh! that's what that smell is. Whew. I was worried it was me.

Also, welcome to the cantina. Don't feed the raptors. Or E.F.B

You say that like I'll bite off fingers or something... *grins pointy-toothed grin*

When did this becom-- yaknowwhut? Never mind! :eek:

---

Welcome newbie smorrigan!!! :D new faces are the second best faces. :p

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I finished the revisions on my novel this morning. It's 13k words more kickass than before. Now to unpudding my brain and tackle the SSSFFSS project.

Just as soon as I have a nap.

Aggy, mmmm, pudding

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Needed hard boiled eggs, set them over, then sat down to write and forgot time was a thing. All of sudden, I hear a bang and crash and there's a lot of smoke in the air.

Ahhh, lily, what joy you bring to our poor, dark, unsouled heart. :evil
Reminds me, who's next on the waiting list for the heart?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
So, I finalized two pieces of publishing news today, but I can only tell you about one of them right now. (There's a third that was finalized a little while ago but I'm waiting for an official announcement at some point.)

However, Falstaff Books is going to be publishing a new novella trilogy, written by me, featuring Tashndelu of High Sand from BRASS STARS. Moar SF Westerns FTW. I'm excited. Also, still puddinged. A lot going on today. Haha.

Aggy, turning into a middle-aged person :p

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Walks through the doorway. Wonders why the door is off its hinges.*

Congrats, Aggy! (Shows one of us is actually getting their writing out there. ;)) Good job!

Welcome to the forums, Smorrigan. Always good to have new people. :)

We have a coffee hot tub? You all have been holding out on me.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Woot Aggy!!

And it looks like we have fresh meat!!

So I've felt off all week and having been doing much writing, but I must say, I picked up some fingerless gloves for Santa to put in my stocking at Christmas and I love them. They are very warm. My husband called them trouser socks with the toes cut off, but they are slightly different than that material. So it made my cold fingers happy coming into work.

But my eye is having a bout of iritis brought on by medicine changes my allergist wanted me to try and so that's a big nope. And I have a giant pulled muscle type of knot in the center of my back between my shoulder blades, so that sucks. Time to percolate in the coffee hot tub.

smorrigan

Registered
Reaction score
*Laughs manically* this thread is bringing me far too much joy already and I can't see how i'm going to get any writing done... I mostly want to see what everyone else is writing! Anyone got any Fantasy shorts or first chapters they'd like to send my way?

I'll be over by the raptors if anyone needs me...

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*Laughs manically* this thread is bringing me far too much joy already and I can't see how i'm going to get any writing done... I mostly want to see what everyone else is writing! Anyone got any Fantasy shorts or first chapters they'd like to send my way?

I'll be over by the raptors if anyone needs me...
:greenie Just as an FYI, every now and then the PTB give this thread a random name change just for fun. It may become an eatery, a bar and grill, etc, but it's always the Cantina in our hearts and it's still the same thread with the same silliness going in inside. Just thought I'd give you a heads up since newbies sometimes lose their way when the name changes and don't find their way back for a while.

I'm having technical.difficulties this morning. The internet box is apparently working since my dad was online just a minute ago, but it's not sending out the Wi-Fi signal to devices that aren't plugged into it, like my laptop and phone. Gonna go do the turn it off and turn it back on thing to see if that fixes it, but if not, I guess I have extra incentive to stay focused on writing today.:Shrug:

ETA (from laptop): Fixed it.

Last edited:

smorrigan

Registered
Reaction score
:greenie Just as an FYI, every now and then the PTB give this thread a random name change just for fun. It may become an eatery, a bar and grill, etc, but it's always the Cantina in our hearts and it's still the same thread with the same silliness going in inside. Just thought I'd give you a heads up since newbies sometimes lose their way when the name changes and don't find their way back for a while.
ETA (from laptop): Fixed it.

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
I went to a job interview today for a part time job cleaning cells for a cancer research lab. I am not going to be hopeful.

I'm looking for a word for a thing. It's like a tattoo but it's not a tattoo 'cause it's magic. What should I call it? I don't want to use "magic mark" even though it's accurate because I feel like I've read it somewhere before and now it has all the wrong connotations in my head. I'm kind of thinking of calling them capital C Channels, because they mark from where on the body the magic flows like through a channel, usually that would be on the hands, though.