Beta readers for flash fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixGrey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm relatively new here, not great at putting myself out there, but trying to get better!

Anyway, what I want to do is self-publish a collection of flash fiction of varying lengths. What I feel I need is beta readers for the stories. I'm not really sure where to find anyone who would want to do this for me?

I know that there's a good chance it won't really sell, but I suppose I'm looking for experience in the self-publishing world, a way to learn whilst doing.

If anyone could give me some advice as to where I could find someone, or several someones, to read my collection and offer opinions? I'm willing to return the favour.

Thanks. :)

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, PhoenixGrey! :)

We have a subsection of this forum called Polished and Ready. You can post there for feedback on your stories. It is password-protected so that anything you post there isn't grabbed by web-crawling bots. The password is flashed.

I ask that you please read this before doing so. Right now, the 50 post requirement it mentions doesn't apply to Polished and Ready, because so far it's rare that people come to this part of AW who don't want to give feedback to others in return for help with their own work. That post will give you a good starting point for how to engage with potential beta readers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.