Review

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Willing Beta Readers Volume III

Threaded View

• Availability: Available. But see below for my caveat, please.

• Preferences:
      Commercial fiction (espionage/military/thriller/suspense)
      Upmarket that isn't specifically women's fiction (think About a Boy or Up in the Air)

• What I write: Commercial fiction and upmarket, surprise!

• Beta Style: I always start with big picture and pacing (especially for thrillers/suspense). Do I care about the characters? If that's there, then I can go all the way down to line edits if requested.

• Experience: AW beta reader on and off for eight years. Published non-fiction in Scientific American, Nature Communications, other similar. Half-dozen fiction novellas published in anthologies. Have two novels on submission with fulls requested by agents for both.

• Timeline: Usually two weeks. If you need it faster we can talk. If it'll take longer I'll update you.

I don't check PMs that often

• Caveat: Aha! The wretched small print. Here it comes. As you've probably gathered from reading the sticky posts (you read the sticky posts, of course, because you rock): beta reading takes a lot of time and effort! So, obviously, send me your ready-to-go-to-the-agent-tomorrow draft.But also, I'd like to expand my circle of beta critique partners. You read in my genres, I read in yours, and we help each other get better. Hopefully this won't be a one-off type of thing. If that sounds like your speed, in your PM please let me know about your writing experience and willingness to swap in the future, as well as a little about your story -- if not a query letter then at least a nice elevator pitch.
    Last edited by airforceauthor; 08-14-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    Novel #1: Upmarket millennial fiction, 80,000 words.
    Novel #2: Commercial thriller/espionage novel, 79,000 words
    Looking for an upmarket/commercial Beta critique partner? So am I!