Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Willing Beta Readers Volume III

Threaded View

figuring it all out
    Availability: Currently unavailable

Preferences: Looking for someone to swap my MG story (31k) with. I'd prefer something short <60k. MG or YA ideally. I'm not too fussed with genre except no memoirs or biographies please.

What I write: For work, I write science non-fiction (both the peer-reviewed stuff and general public friendly blogs and articles). For avocation, I write middle-grade.

Beta-Style: I'm happy to match you. If you're doing mine line-by-line, I'll do yours line-by-line with a general overview. Otherwise, I'll give a summary of my thoughts at the end of each scene/chapter and pick out key parts as examples of what I liked/didn't like.

Experience: I have formal training and a few years experience in science communication. I think my best asset as a Beta reader is I am a 'Young Adult' so I can give a review from the perspective of your intended audience (if you write YA). I have Beta read one other book before.

Timeline: My caveat is that I'm doing my PhD and that takes priority, but I'd aim for a 1-3 week turnaround.

Last edited by writbeyondmeasure; 09-17-2019 at 05:46 PM.