Complete My First Draft Before the End of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentMage

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorwrites.com
Pretty much what the subject says: As part of my commitment to completing my first book - or at least getting everything typed up for editing - I just want to share that I aim to complete the first draft before the end of this year. I'm also going to add a bonus challenge, where I will also aim to complete this goal before the end of September.

So...
  • Completing the manuscript: crossing the finish line
  • Completing the manuscript before the end of September: coming in 1st place when crossing the finish line

I don't think these goals are unobtainable, but to hit the "1st place" goal, I know I'll have to work much harder. Or at least log higher word counts per day. :)

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to you! Make sure you schedule breaks, though. It can drive you nuts (it did me).

Just do what Dory would do (from Finding Nemo).

Last edited:

emstar94

Registered
Reaction score
You can do it!!

Just power through. Remember that first draft can be rubbish, just get it all down.

clek25

Watching Disney movies
Registered
Reaction score
I have LITERALLY the same goal! I told myself I would have this first draft done without doubt before 2018, but my goal is for the end of September!

I noticed yesterday that my first half is about 40% larger than my second act and started freaking out lol, but then I told myself I just need to keep writing! And I'll focus on editing/rewriting when it's finished. Right now that's the most important part. So my mini goal is to not reread any of the chapters until every one is complete.

Good luck! We can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.