Booklife.com by Publishers Weekly

nickybr38

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nrtupper.wix.com
I'm in the process of investing in some paid marketing (up to this point I've only done word of mouth, giveaways and local marketing). One of the sites I'm thinking of investing in is called booklife.com by Publishers Weekly. I'm considering them for a variety of reasons.

1. They refused me for review.
Wait! Why is that a positive? Well, in my experience scam sites tend to accept every single submission they receive. The fact that they examined my novel and decided NOT to review it tells me they actually are taking the time to look at submissions to their page.

2. Their website strikes me as pretty professionally laid out.

Some negatives I'm noticing:

1. The website is geared entirely towards authors.

2. I can't seem to find much information on them out there in the internet world.

So has anyone here used them and/or heard anything about them?

Thanks in advance!

*I did a quick forum search and nothing came up so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I used them for the same purpose that you did: submitting my books for a review. Beyond that, I don't see that they have anything to offer me.

K. Wilcox

Registered
Reaction score
I get names mixed up easily, but isn't publisher's weekly where lots of librarians go to look for books to fill their percentages for certain kinds of books based on their funding? Or am I thinking of some place with a similar name?
Looking at their website, booklife is obviously indie and seems to be kept distinctly seperate from the rest of the publication, so not sure if advertising in it will attract librarians, some of whom are rather wary of indie published books. (unless you fit a hard to find niche they need to fill, like selfvoice minority. Also, booklife has a distinct "pay" flavor to it, that seems would keep librarians away from that section - they aren't interested in people paying for them to see them.
Like I said, I could be really off here, but I think it is a commonly mentioned name among my librarian friends...

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It's a trade magazine, not aimed at readers.

How many books have you ever bought after seeing an ad for it in this publication?

Reactions: Ravioli