Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
** THERE ARE NO COOKIES IN THE HOUSE **

Horror of all horrors! I don't have any either.

As far as I know, the $12 just holds the domain name for a year. It also enables you to forward stuff that goes to it to another domain name. I didn't look into website hosting through Google because I have already paid for a year of business web hosting at WordPress.

I was rather annoyed by the pricing structure for that, too! To use the kinds of plugins I wanted to use, perhaps to use plugins at all, I had to have a business account. I know that before I went with WordPress, I read a lot of reviews of various hosting outfits and their pricing structures.

I have yet to implement what I wanted a plugin for.

I have a long list of books that I have edited since 1984 (I think that was the year). Each book (well, maybe there are two exceptions) mentions me in some way in the Acknowledgements. I wanted to display the book covers and the acknowledgements together. The idea is that someone would click the book cover and it would flip open to reveal the blurb about me in a readable format.

Gotcha. It sounds like your using WordPress.com. Right?

It sounds like, maybe, what you want is a mouseover kind of deal. I've not tried any plugins (though they have them) for that. It can be hand coded, but I don't know if you can do that on WordPress.com.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Morning all.

It's grey and overcast here today. I don't have cookies... but I DO have cake! I made a pear upside down cake last night. Haven't had any yet, but Mr C tells me it's delicious. :)

Today will be getting back to writing day, so I don't get out of the habit of writing. I was going to wash the car, but it's supposed to rain in the next day or two, so I'll wait until that threat is over, I think.

I have cookies now. :)

Upside down pear cake sounds utterly decadently wonderful.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Housemate thinks I'm weird, but I think she's weird for sleeping in the shirt she wore all day, so we're even.

Oh. my. God. She sleeps in the same shirt she wore during the day? Yuk! Oy gevalt! Oh, I already said that... :Jaw:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Housemate thinks I'm weird, but I think she's weird for sleeping in the shirt she wore all day, so we're even.

Oh. my. God. She sleeps in the same shirt she wore during the day? Yuk! Oy gevalt! Oh, I already said that... :Jaw:

But... why? I mean, if she hasn't spilled anything on it, sleeping in the same shirt she wore during the day is no worse than if she'd had to be up for 24 hours straight. I would totally do that - except for that I like my sleep shirt to be much looser because I'm a restless sleeper.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Now, look what you did NaBra. You said I should put stuff in my signature line, and now it's too long.

I went to see the movie A River Runs Through It with my now ex-husband and my mother in 1994. I was entranced with the movie, but I was distracted because my stomach kept feeling rumbly. About halfway through the movie, I suddenly realized it wasn't gas I was feeling. It was my son David's first fluttery kicks; I was five months pregnant and was only confident that things were OK at that point because the doctor said they were OK.

My memory tells me that near the end of the movie, the father tells his son: if you want to understand what happened, write about it. But the quote from the book is different. I've carried that thought with me for 25 years now, along with the memory of those fluttery first kicks.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You know, Jay, I can't answer that question! It just feels yucky to me. Maybe because of all the times I've had to sleep in my clothes over the last 4 or 5 years. Who knows?!

I guess that would make a difference. Although I still think that sleeping in your clothes is different to sleeping in just the shirt you wore all day.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Now, look what you did NaBra. You said I should put stuff in my signature line, and now it's too long.
I didn't tell you to put all them other things in there.

Jay, them's just crazy folk. Moms visited for Christmas and we went out for a walk and met a whole family, that were all wearing there pjs, out on the lawn, trying out a new drone toy.

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
We've been having crazy summer-winter weather here. During Christmas, I think it was about 80F. It has cooled down considerably, recently.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:I tried. Really I did. I just can't take anything that smiling orange says seriously.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
I believe in you, orange J

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How long do you have to stay schmoo'd? Just wondering. I've been here (on and off) for a whole pile of time and I've never been schmoo'd. I guess I don't get on the wrong side of people. ;)

We're expecting about 3" of snow tonight (the roads are already yucky). Just got done watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Never saw it before. Good brain candy. Though you will know there's something odd about me when I think the weirdest part of the movie was three pumas hunting in a pack.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score

Thanks, Beanie.

How long do you have to stay schmoo'd? Just wondering. I've been here (on and off) for a whole pile of time and I've never been schmoo'd. I guess I don't get on the wrong side of people. ;)

I could change it back myself any time I wanted. But where's the fun in that? If Reg doesn't give me my kookaburra back by mid next week, I'll probably change it myself.

You don't have to get on Reg's wrong side to get schmoo'd by her. All you have to do is say something she thinks deserves schmooing.

*sticks tongue out at toaster*

Reaction score
One of our water makers broke on deploiyment, so we got put on water hours. We weren’t allowed to wash our clothes except for Sundays, and we were restricted to certain days/hours for showers. We ended up sleeping in the same shirts/socks for a couple days at a time to conserve clothes. We only got about 4 hours of sleep at night, but it was still pretty gross. I was very happy to get home.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
One of our water makers broke on deploiyment, so we got put on water hours. We weren’t allowed to wash our clothes except for Sundays, and we were restricted to certain days/hours for showers. We ended up sleeping in the same shirts/socks for a couple days at a time to conserve clothes. We only got about 4 hours of sleep at night, but it was still pretty gross. I was very happy to get home.

Well, yes, but I bet you had more reasons than slept in clothes to be happy to get home. Glad you are safe and sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know about Orange Julius?

Reaction score
Well, yes, but I bet you had more reasons than slept in clothes to be happy to get home. Glad you are safe and sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know about Orange Julius?

Well, yeah. But you'd be surprised at how big a part wearing clean clothes plays lol. And ironically, my closest calls have all been on underways close to home for training exercises. We had some fun on deployment, but we've had some real doodoo hitting the fan moments only 150-200 miles off the coast. I'm just happy I'm a student now. My biggest stressors are my two exams coming up this week.

Also, I wish I could help with the plug-in thing, but I don't know anything about them.

Reaction score

We're expecting about 3" of snow tonight (the roads are already yucky). Just got done watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Never saw it before. Good brain candy. Though you will know there's something odd about me when I think the weirdest part of the movie was three pumas hunting in a pack.

It already snowed here. It was supposed to be mostly rain, but it came out guns blazing with the snow. My oldest loves it.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a business user, you should be able to install your own plugins. I believe they need to be in the Wordpress library, but you should be able to go to the plugins menu item and then look for an “Add New”. Then if you know the name of the plugin you can enter it or part of the name, and see what the search returns, and when you find the plugin you want, you click on install :) I don’t think that Wordpress Admins have to install it for you.

:hi: All! Just poking my head in to say hey. Weird kinda day here.