Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, my cat is always very talkative at night, right as I'm trying to sleep. He does this thing where he tears down the hall and sprints down the stairs. Then turns around and runs back up. Over and over again until I get mad and shut him in the laundry room.

Bad kitty!

Yup, mine also is very quiet when I turn in for bed. Then 10 minutes later, just as the sandman comes, so does the cat! Zipzat, meow this, toss the ball into that.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Now I want a Maine clone cat and a Norwegian forest cat too...

NaBra do not mAke me laugh so hard I'm in danger of spitting my night guard across the room
lol - what'd I do now? Totally was behaving. I saw Lil layin' the whip to Beanie. She's the bad one.

Now will look up Norwegian forest cat.

ETA: Sad that I miss zip cats. And yeah, we had one that was chatty at all hours of the night. Actually my all time favorite is cats on catnip.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest cats are awesome and big enough to scare most dogs! LOL (And many people too.)

And "
experts that believe that the Maine Coon is a descendant of the Norwegian Forest cats." I totally believe it.

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
You say that like it's a bad thing.
:roll: Um ... well ... yeah. :gone:

In other news. I think we had both the Norwegian and the Main Coon. I remember having a gray and a calico - that looked very much like the pics I'm seeing.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm shutting down for the night. I think some reading or vegging on the TV is in order. Decisions, decisions.

G'night all!

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
We have two Maine coons at the moment , both are polydactyl's seven toes, ( misha and mayhem )

had a couple of others but they had trouble with diabetes , may have been due to breeder though

and they are both very good at mimicking hello when there hungry

g' night to all those bed bound

Last edited:

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I’m to tired to focus on reading back. Sorry :( I’m flying home to take care of the husband who has apparently had issues on his deployment and has been sent home.

Spent Saturday getting care for mom lined up and flights to and from San Diego as well as time off from work.

I wanted to go home, but not like this :(

Got a brief update at 1am from the partner that h the husband was home and he was doing ok. So that’s at least good. But I was up before god to catch the flight out.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
We have two Maine coons at the moment , both are polydactyl's seven toes, ( misha and mayhem )

What great names, Beanie!

I wonder if Abbie would adjust better to another cat than to another dog? Of course, I'm only allowed to have two pets here. This may be a good thing, or it may be a reason to move...

- - - Updated - - -

I’m to tired to focus on reading back. Sorry :( I’m flying home to take care of the husband who has apparently had issues on his deployment and has been sent home.

Spent Saturday getting care for mom lined up and flights to and from San Diego as well as time off from work.

Got a brief update at 1am from the partner that h the husband was home and he was doing ok. So that’s at least good. But I was up before god to catch the flight out.

Oh, Bryan: my heart is with you. You need a break, you do.

:Hug2:

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, all! :hi:

I slept last night! Seriously. Woke up at 6 AM ready to start the day. This is seriously good stuff!

On the other hand, I have this feeling of "I want, I want." So, I suspect that I am channeling Jackson this morning.

My question for the universe this morning is: When I have homemade cookies rather than store-bought cookies, why do I have to have two cookies after breakfast? The store-bought cookies are delicious with a great texture, but I'm never tempted to eat them after breakfast. A corollary question is: When I have homemade cookies in the house, why do I nosh on them throughout the day, when I eat the store-bought cookies only twice a day?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, my cat is always very talkative at night, right as I'm trying to sleep. He does this thing where he tears down the hall and sprints down the stairs. Then turns around and runs back up. Over and over again until I get mad and shut him in the laundry room.

Ah, the Kittyapolis 5000. Back when I was married, we had a tabby cat (Random by name) who did this, especially after cat nip. We had a 2 story townhouse and he'd start at the furthest corner, race up the stairs, turn around over whatever bed was handy, go down and around again for HOURS. When he had catnip, he would do his turns about 1/2 up the wall. I know, I washed the kitty prints from the walls. 30 years ago, and I still remember it semi-fondly.

We have a Maine Coon youngster at the moment. He's not yet 2, so he's not yet full grown. He's about the same size as my other tom (about 12-13 lbs). Ezio (the other cat) loves to wrestle and always get the upper hand at the moment, but he's full grown. We keep warning him that someday Fionn (the Coon) will outweigh him and start winning, but he doesn't believe us. Ah, cats.

Good that the hubby's doing OK. Hope that keeps up. Have a safe trip!

My question for the universe this morning is: When I have homemade cookies rather than store-bought cookies, why do I have to have two cookies after breakfast? The store-bought cookies are delicious with a great texture, but I'm never tempted to eat them after breakfast. A corollary question is: When I have homemade cookies in the house, why do I nosh on them throughout the day, when I eat the store-bought cookies only twice a day?

I don't know, but I'm the same way. When we make cookies, then that might be early breakfast for me (I routinely get up about 2-3 hours earlier than Housemate. Cookies, brownies, pie, whatever. (Housemate makes these mini fruit pies in large muffin tins--yum!) Store-bought can go stale, but homemade never does. Weird, isn't it?

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, the Kittyapolis 5000. Back when I was married, we had a tabby cat (Random by name) who did this, especially after cat nip. We had a 2 story townhouse and he'd start at the furthest corner, race up the stairs, turn around over whatever bed was handy, go down and around again for HOURS. When he had catnip, he would do his turns about 1/2 up the wall. I know, I washed the kitty prints from the walls. 30 years ago, and I still remember it semi-fondly.

We have a Maine Coon youngster at the moment. He's not yet 2, so he's not yet full grown. He's about the same size as my other tom (about 12-13 lbs). Ezio (the other cat) loves to wrestle and always get the upper hand at the moment, but he's full grown. We keep warning him that someday Fionn (the Coon) will outweigh him and start winning, but he doesn't believe us. Ah, cats.

If you're a cat person, there is just something about cats. Jackson is my fifth cat, and each one had something special about them that created a deep bond--except the first cat. She was just a very bad match for me. A friend gave her to me and chose her from her litter for particular characteristics. If the friend had consulted with me, I could have told her how wrong she was. Oh well. That cat actually bit my dissertation advisor's wrist the night before my dissertation defense. We really did get off to a very bad start.

I don't know, but I'm the same way. When we make cookies, then that might be early breakfast for me (I routinely get up about 2-3 hours earlier than Housemate. Cookies, brownies, pie, whatever. (Housemate makes these mini fruit pies in large muffin tins--yum!) Store-bought can go stale, but homemade never does. Weird, isn't it?

Yes, it's weird. But, oh so human. I guess.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

had a couple of others but they had trouble with diabetes , may have been due to breeder though

and they are both very good at mimicking hello when there hungry

g' night to all those bed bound

I love the names!

:Hug2: Hang in there.

Good morning, all! :hi:

I slept last night! Seriously. Woke up at 6 AM ready to start the day. This is seriously good stuff!

On the other hand, I have this feeling of "I want, I want." So, I suspect that I am channeling Jackson this morning.

There are just better and don't have all the preservatives and can't last as long, so it's your duty to eat them before the go bad. :tongue

If you're a cat person, there is just something about cats. Jackson is my fifth cat, and each one had something special about them that created a deep bond--except the first cat. She was just a very bad match for me. A friend gave her to me and chose her from her litter for particular characteristics. If the friend had consulted with me, I could have told her how wrong she was. Oh well. That cat actually bit my dissertation advisor's wrist the night before my dissertation defense. We really did get off to a very bad start.

Yes, it's weird. But, oh so human. I guess.

Bit the advisor! Yipes.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

I love the names!

:Hug2: Hang in there.

There are just better and don't have all the preservatives and can't last as long, so it's your duty to eat them before the go bad. :tongue

Bit the advisor! Yipes.

Well, I guess it's OK since it's my duty to eat them. ;)

I think the cat was going for his pencil and missed. I locked her in the bathroom until after he left.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers.

Another crummy, rainy day. This weather sucks. I should have booked a trip down to Myrtle Beach to see my aunt and uncle. It's been sunny and mild all month. I'd still consider making the trip, but I'm concerned I'll be heading back to work soon.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers.

Another crummy, rainy day. This weather sucks. I should have booked a trip down to Myrtle Beach to see my aunt and uncle. It's been sunny and mild all month. I'd still consider making the trip, but I'm concerned I'll be heading back to work soon.

It sounds like you could benefit from even a short trip to Myrtle Beach.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhh, Bryan. I'm so so sorry. Please keep us updated.

I've been thinking about Bryan all morning. I'm under the impression that this is not his husband's first deployment. The thought of that makes me seriously aggravated by what the military does to people and their families when they deploy and redeploy troops. Sigh.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
When you've had 1 1/2 cups of (14 oz) Guatemalan coffee and you're still falling asleep, it's time to break out the instant espresso even if it was being saved for someone else's tiramisu. You can tell I really am drowsy by my first attempt at spelling Guatemalan: Gautemalan, then Gautamalen, then look up the spelling, and only then notice I've got the "ua" reversed and we're somewhere headed toward Buddha-land.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I’m to tired to focus on reading back. Sorry :( I’m flying home to take care of the husband who has apparently had issues on his deployment and has been sent home..
:( So sorry to hear that Bry. Hope all is well.

When I think of homemade cookies, I'm thinking of gooey, molten, chocolate chip cookies. They just can't make store bought like that. And what Southie said about preservatives and stuff.

ETA: I think I might enjoy Gautamalean coffee.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
When I think of homemade cookies, I'm thinking of gooey, molten, chocolate chip cookies. They just can't make store bought like that. And what Southie said about preservatives and stuff.

ETA: I think I might enjoy Gautamalean coffee.

These are chocolate cookies, almost like brownies, without chocolate chips (because I didn't have any). I've been trying to make egg-free, gluten-free cookies that were good for months now. I nailed it this time.

Yes, I would enjoy Gautama-style coffee too. ;) This coffee is Gevalia French press ground coffee from Guatemala and is supposed to and does have chocolate overtones. Very nice stuff.

Unbelievably, shortly after I drank the instant espresso, I just had to lie down for a nap. I was soundly asleep for 45 minutes. Which tells me that I'm not feeling well at all. But we knew that already. I was just trying to ignore it or write it off as allergies or being silly or thinking I'm invincible. That's it! SuperMarilyn! Can run into trees and small buildings in a single bound...

Sadly, I'm going to have to call the guy from Freedom for All Massachusetts and tell him that I can't do the phone bank tonight. I was all geared up to do it, but methinks it a bad, bad idea.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
That coffee sounds so ridiculously good. I find that the smell of the coffee beans never equals the taste, but I must try that.

And not 'into' trees, please. Maybe 'around' them.