Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Southern CA for sure, but I think also the Sonoran Desert, which is gianomous. It's not so much nasy, I guess, as highly defensive. I saw one attack a car (the car was parked mind you). It is "considered the world's most potent rattlesnake venom."

I am never going there again. Not no how. I would not have gone there in the first place if I had known that...

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I had actually heard about Winnie the Pooh being a girl, but not about 'Winne ther Pooh'.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
I have had the workingest night I've had in a long time. But I got most of my tax information together.

Must also be something going around because Maurice is acting up, quite like Doris. So, Lil, I commiserate. :(

Night all. It's been a fun day hanging out with you on and off. ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today is going to be a DAY.

Woke up a half-hour before the alarm and decide to get up anyway. This will teach me to do that again. So, I get up, go through the morning routine including the blessed coffee making ritual. I pour my coffee into the mug. I pour my cereal into the bowl. I get the milk, add to cereal. I grab the half-and-half, think the carton feels a lot lighter than I thought it should, pour and then realize I'd grabbed the juice carton (Housemate can't have beverages in plastic) instead of the half-and-half.

:e2smack:

And today is the one day this month I have to go out and adult among other people. I'm a judge of elections for the upcoming special election and we have a meeting today. *heavy sigh*

Hope everyone else is doing better.

(And, FWIW, just because the toy bear was named after a girl bear doesn't mean the toy bear was a girl--the stories were written about the toy bear, not the real one. And if I'd written stories about my kid's toy and got the gender wrong, I would've been corrected. After all, Ryan Reynolds named his daughter "James" after his dad. It didn't change her gender. Just saying.)

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, how does coffee and OJ taste. That's an odd blend. Del? Well, best of luck with the adulting thing.

I'm awake - so I guess that's good. Just haven't been getting a lot of sleep. Can't blame a troubled mind - it's been later than usual finishing work hours.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

It's still quite warm here, but rain is moving in shortly and the temps will drop. I'm debating whether I want to get my hair cut. It's getting a little long, and I'd like to get an inch or so trimmed off. I just don't feel like spending the money. I should probably go to the gym, but I'm not really feeling energetic. You can blame that time of the month for that.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Lady and Lil. Just finished treadmilling. Now, I must put on working cap and punch in.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: all!

I just discovered Pepperidge Farms Milano lemon and chocolate cookies. --And I wanted to let you know they go well with morning coffee!

I am never going there again. Not no how. I would not have gone there in the first place if I had known that...

Come on, snakes in the driveway is no biggie--just as the Aussies.

I have had the workingest night I've had in a long time. But I got most of my tax information together.

Must also be something going around because Maurice is acting up, quite like Doris. So, Lil, I commiserate. :(

Night all. It's been a fun day hanging out with you on and off. ;)

:Hug2: I think it's the flip-flop weather that starts happening around now.

Today is going to be a DAY.

Woke up a half-hour before the alarm and decide to get up anyway. This will teach me to do that again. So, I get up, go through the morning routine including the blessed coffee making ritual. I pour my coffee into the mug. I pour my cereal into the bowl. I get the milk, add to cereal. I grab the half-and-half, think the carton feels a lot lighter than I thought it should, pour and then realize I'd grabbed the juice carton (Housemate can't have beverages in plastic) instead of the half-and-half.

:e2smack:

And today is the one day this month I have to go out and adult among other people. I'm a judge of elections for the upcoming special election and we have a meeting today. *heavy sigh*

Hope everyone else is doing better.

(And, FWIW, just because the toy bear was named after a girl bear doesn't mean the toy bear was a girl--the stories were written about the toy bear, not the real one. And if I'd written stories about my kid's toy and got the gender wrong, I would've been corrected. After all, Ryan Reynolds named his daughter "James" after his dad. It didn't change her gender. Just saying.)

Uh, good way to start adulting, sounds like something an overworked, tired adult would do. :tongue

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
With the rare exception of lemon poppy seed cakes, not a fan of lemon. So, no! I'll keep my double chocolate Milanos. Actually haven't had them in some time ... because I'm being good. :(

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I've tried the double chocolate. I am, however, a lemon lover! Lemon pie, cake, bars, cookies, 'ade...
10542.png

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
That pic is unnatural :tongue - lemons can't be loved - well, except for lemonade. Love lemonade in all its forms.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish it was OJ. Might've tasted it then. No, I spilled Mango-Peach-Orange juice into my coffee. That was beyond my ability to taste. Sorry. Even got a new mug after that oopsie.

Meeting is over. Didn't fall asleep. (Go me!) Had lunch with a friend at a little Middle Eastern bistro walking distance from the court house. Didn't even get a ticket when my meter expired. :)snoopy:) And got home before the rain started. Guess the toad myth is working in my favor today.

Lemon things can be good. Lemonade is generally good. Not a fan of just sucking on 'em, though.

(And my trivial mind just leapt to "Sucking Lemons" being a horse to bet on in the Robin Williams' Popeye movie.....)

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
(And my trivial mind just leapt to "Sucking Lemons" being a horse to bet on in the Robin Williams' Popeye movie.....)
:D My mind makes all kinds of weird leaps and bounds. I have to keep it well tethered, or I'll lose everyone ... including myself.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been known as a Fount of Useless Knowledge among my friends for many, many years. It's a pain finding friends who'll play Trivia Pursuit (or even Trivia Crack) with me.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Trivia Crack? Not great at trivia. The useless info that my mind tends to store is not even useful for Trivial Pursuit.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Del - glad you had more coffee to make up for the cup you ruined with that delicious sounding juice. Also, when we had trivia nights when I was working - everyone wanted me on their team. *g* (just don't ask me questions about stupid 'reality' shows because I don't watch that crap)

I made lemon poppy seed scones last night. But they're not terribly lemony. I'm going to try drizzling lemon curd on them this morning and see if that helps.

Today is another not terribly hot day... so I'm going to be making spaghetti sauce at some point cause I'm out and I need sauce for tomorrow night's dinner (maybe).

Also planning on getting some writing done - had an idea about the spooky story I want to write last night, so I'm going to see if I can get that down today - or mostly down.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lemon curd can cure many pastry evils. Just saying. Especially homemade lemon curd.

Housemate made some lemon cookies not long ago. One bite would be totally bland. The next (from the same cookie!) would make you pucker up. Totally uneven. Can't figure out how that happened, but there you go.

I don't watch reality shows either, nor most sitcoms. However, the category I totally suck at is sports. I don't watch 'em, I don't care about 'em. Will shoot me down every time.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, not homemade lemon curd. But that's on my list to attempt at some point this year.

Hmm, might be not a thorough enough mixing with such random flavour intensity. But I are not a cooking genius so maybe take that with a box of salt. :)

I don't watch ANY television anymore. My heyday was in the 70's and 80's. I'll occasionally fluke an answer in sport but mostly, yeah, couldn't give a toss about it. Back when I had a Trivial Pursuit game, I was good at the music, movies, history (as long as no dates were involved) and geography. Sometimes I could fluke it with sports or science, but not that often.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Lemon curd. Mmmmmmmmmmm

I made gingerbread scones around Christmas time and they were a little dry. A little homemade lemon curd on them, though, and they became manna from heaven!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, lemon curd with gingerbread sounds awesome!

Also... :hi: Myrea! Welcome back!