Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Oh hey, I found the hard drive I've been looking for for a whole year. The one with all my bank details on, that I thought I'd left at my old house thus putting myself at risk of identity theft (and also people reading my crappy old stories) forever. Turns out it was in the one box I never looked in because I knew it wasn't in there.

Excellent find, Al.

[xxxx] deleted thoughts because they are gender-biased. :badthoughts

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Good morning, everyone. After an amazingly restless struggle in the middle of the night, I managed to get to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energized. Also, definitely living in cold-ville.

I ran out of dog food, so getting some more is my biggest priority today. I gave Abbie a cooked, ground chicken breast and rice for breakfast. It looked like about a cup of food, but she didn't seem to appreciate it. I don't understand dogs, sometimes.

I ended up buying bluethreadediting.com from Google for $12. It was pretty much the same price on GoDaddy. I don't know what would happen if I tried to buy .net and .org as well.

The important thing is that people be able to find my website and me easily, I guess.

Reaction score

Good morning, everyone. After an amazingly restless struggle in the middle of the night, I managed to get to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energized. Also, definitely living in cold-ville.

I ran out of dog food, so getting some more is my biggest priority today. I gave Abbie a cooked, ground chicken breast and rice for breakfast. It looked like about a cup of food, but she didn't seem to appreciate it. I don't understand dogs, sometimes.

I ended up buying bluethreadediting.com from Google for $12. It was pretty much the same price on GoDaddy. I don't know what would happen if I tried to buy .net and .org as well.

The important thing is that people be able to find my website and me easily, I guess.

Is there a monthly hosting fee? Or is that the $12?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it should be spelled Wordalax. Now we just need to come up with good packaging and some marketing copy....

Wordalax sounds better.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. :hi:

I can't believe ya'll changed my product name, without consoling (<--I think that word's a little off.) me first. Limit, I think she's already taken care of the hosting thing. M, might be a good idea to put the website in your sig as well. That way we can all watch it grow and mature.

Last edited:

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hey, I found the hard drive I've been looking for for a whole year. The one with all my bank details on, that I thought I'd left at my old house thus putting myself at risk of identity theft (and also people reading my crappy old stories) forever. Turns out it was in the one box I never looked in because I knew it wasn't in there.

DOH!
I have had similar issues. ;)

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That was me yesterday, but with cat food.

When you say buy, do you mean the domain or a hosting package?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, reppers!

It's almost 12:30 and I'm still in my PJ's. I don't have plans until this evening, so I'm not bothering to change clothing. Although, I should head down to the pharmacy to pick up my new pill prescription. My doctor gave me a discount card, but I encountered nothing but errors when trying to activate it. I'll just have to see if it'll work when I'm there.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Southie and Lady. PJ days are awesome and don't happen nearly often enough.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy weekend, peoples! The morning started out lovely and has gotten grey and snowy. Ah, well. It's still winter after all.

Hoping to get the cat lounge finished this weekend. It would be nice to get all that moved around.

Good job on getting the website, M. It's a big step. Are you doing your website yourself?

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score

Okies.

As far as I know, the $12 just holds the domain name for a year. It also enables you to forward stuff that goes to it to another domain name. I didn't look into website hosting through Google because I have already paid for a year of business web hosting at WordPress.

I was rather annoyed by the pricing structure for that, too! To use the kinds of plugins I wanted to use, perhaps to use plugins at all, I had to have a business account. I know that before I went with WordPress, I read a lot of reviews of various hosting outfits and their pricing structures.

I have yet to implement what I wanted a plugin for.

I have a long list of books that I have edited since 1984 (I think that was the year). Each book (well, maybe there are two exceptions) mentions me in some way in the Acknowledgements. I wanted to display the book covers and the acknowledgements together. The idea is that someone would click the book cover and it would flip open to reveal the blurb about me in a readable format.

We interrupt this broadcast for a disaster announcement

** THERE ARE NO COOKIES IN THE HOUSE **

We now return to the regularly scheduled broadcast.

I have not found a reasonable way to implement this idea. I have found some things called flipbooks, but none of them have a simple, straightforward implementation on WordPress. You'd think there would be one...

More later...

I'm trying to find a cookie recipe that has no dairy, no eggs, no flax, no soy--I think that covers it. Can I find such a thing? Nooooo

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Happy weekend, peoples! The morning started out lovely and has gotten grey and snowy. Ah, well. It's still winter after all.

Hoping to get the cat lounge finished this weekend. It would be nice to get all that moved around.

Good job on getting the website, M. It's a big step. Are you doing your website yourself?

That snow is supposed to hit here tonight. I don't mind too much.

Thank you regarding the website. BryanT gave me lots of advice, feedback, and coaching. So, although I made all the decisions and clicked all the buttons, there is a lot of Bryan's wisdom and know-how in the decisions I made.

Is it a problem that I don't seem able to give a simple answer to a simple question? This is one of life's big questions for me right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, Southie and Lady. PJ days are awesome and don't happen nearly often enough.

I believe that no PJs is how I express my rebellious side. Even when I'm sick, I get up and get dressed if I'm able to get out of bed.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
** THERE ARE NO COOKIES IN THE HOUSE **
And of course as soon as I read this, I immediately ran into the kitchen and determined that you are a LIAR! Sorry that's the way I read. I latch onto one thing and all the rest of the words just fade away.

I believe that no PJs is how I express my rebellious side. Even when I'm sick, I get up and get dressed if I'm able to get out of bed.
You're lucky that Lil (or Brazen) is not here ... cuz there are so many wrong ways to read that.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
And of course as soon as I read this, I immediately ran into the kitchen and determined that you are a LIAR! Sorry that's the way I read. I latch onto one thing and all the rest of the words just fade away.

You're lucky that Lil (or Brazen) is not here ... cuz there are so many wrong ways to read that.

Too much laughing :ROFL:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief Jay, have you had a haircut or something?

It's all the toaster's fault! *pouts*

Yay for finding the missing hard drive with highly personal details!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Morning all.

It's grey and overcast here today. I don't have cookies... but I DO have cake! I made a pear upside down cake last night. Haven't had any yet, but Mr C tells me it's delicious. :)

Today will be getting back to writing day, so I don't get out of the habit of writing. I was going to wash the car, but it's supposed to rain in the next day or two, so I'll wait until that threat is over, I think.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. Upside down pear cake? Wow, that sounds really good. And you will be shipping pieces of cake to those parties interested, yes?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'm the same way. The only time in my adult life when I didn't get dressed was when I had killer pneumonia and was asleep/unconscious (good drugs are wonderful) for 22 of every 24 hours for about a week. It's just kinda...weird not to be dressed when awake. Other people can do it, but it's just not how I'm wired. (Housemate thinks I'm weird, but I think she's weird for sleeping in the shirt she wore all day, so we're even.)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. Upside down pear cake? Wow, that sounds really good. And you will be shipping pieces of cake to those parties interested, yes?

Might walk out of the package to greet you if I do that, NaBra. I'm willing to share the recipe, though.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I would like that. :) The recipe ... if you don't mind sharing.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
No probs. Just let me type it up.

And... sent.

Enjoy!

Last edited: