Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, shure, jest rub our noses in it. craqqaaazy? :D Does sound like fun.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Where have you been? What have you been up to? Tell us everything about it.

Hur - I've been busy workin', then busy writin', then busy holidayin' (mmm, beachy), then busy workin' again. Sigh.

I like the holidayin' part best.

Lol, I don't know how those qs got there. I blame the iPhone.

The silent q's maketh the word. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

The snow has continued throughout the night and it's still coming down. I think we've surpassed the original predicted snowfall of 1-3 inches.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Hur - I've been busy workin', then busy writin', then busy holidayin' (mmm, beachy), then busy workin' again. Sigh.
Uh huh. Yep. Nope. We're not buying it.

Even if it's true.

Que?

Good morning, reppers!

The snow has continued throughout the night and it's still coming down. I think we've surpassed the original predicted snowfall of 1-3 inches.
Damn. So not going in to work today? :tongue

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
So, last I heard, we had 7 inches of snow. That was at noon and it's still snowing. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to even work tomorrow or the rest of the week for that matter.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score

I like the holidayin' part best.

What beach? And how long? And just for fun? What a silly question!

I wrote a short short story yesterday based on a strange news story, which was the assignment for my creative writing class. I didn't think I could do it. It might not be a good story, but what the heck: I sat down and wrote it. It has a beginning, middle, and end. There are no grammatical errors.

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning, reppers!

Bah! It's supposed to start here after 9 PM -ish, I guess. At least it did not cause my creative writing course to be canceled!

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
So, last I heard, we had 7 inches of snow. That was at noon and it's still snowing. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to even work tomorrow or the rest of the week for that matter.

Hmmm. They are predicting 6 inches here. That better not mean we're going to get 12...

Has it stopped there yet, Lady?

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Yea, for when we go "oh shit the boat's sinking" :roll: Fortunately, we never had to use it. And we did remember to rotate the poptarts and spaghettios.

This reminds me of an episode from my childhood called "Victory at Sea." We went on a boat cruise along the shoreline of Atlantic City. My brother fought with me to sit next to my mother and won. I'm not sure how long into the cruise it was, but she became very seasick. My brother had the victory of sitting next to her for quite some time while she used a barf bag...

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. They are predicting 6 inches here. That better not mean we're going to get 12...

Has it stopped there yet, Lady?

Not quite. There are just some flurries now, but it should stop in about another hour.

I better text my boss and see what he wants me to do about tomorrow. I really don't feel like trudging through all that snow.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Morning ... I mean Evening. What day is it? Busy all day. :hi: Hi and bye. Checking back in later. Yay for short story finishage and not quite so much snow ... I think. Read real fast.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
hey, has Sissyphus finished? when/where can I ask to read all the storiez?

- - - Updated - - -

well done on finishing a short in one day, MRF!

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lil and Ajaye. Damn, Lil. Another pair of 10 inch heels, but you're gonna try to convince me that they're 6 inches?
gY4WMYs.gif

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
hey, has Sissyphus finished? when/where can I ask to read all the storiez?

- - - Updated - - -

well done on finishing a short in one day, MRF!

Ty! We're talking real short, here--maybe 600 or 700 words. The teacher liked it and read it out loud! Even though it had an exclamation point, which I was warned not to use, and two or three cliches. I might try to sub it somewhere if I can figure out those cliches!

ETA: Hmm. Seems like I forgot to say "hi". I'm a bit tired and distracted and agitated. And, Hi Lil!

Last edited:

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Hey all. I've got some catching up to do.

Been on hiatus for a while. Stress, it's a killer.

I quit my nightmare of a job, and now I'm desperately trying to find some way to pay the bills before the money runs out. Wish me luck!

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lil and Ajaye. Damn, Lil. Another pair of 10 inch heels, but you're gonna try to convince me that they're 6 inches?
gY4WMYs.gif
They are not 10”.

I couldn’t walk on 10” heels. 5” is about my limit, unless it’s a platform, then I can do 6” or 7”.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They are not 10”.

I couldn’t walk on 10” heels. 5” is about my limit, unless it’s a platform, then I can do 6” or 7”.

Oh honey, anything over 7 inches in a platform becomes stilts. Trust me I know these things :roll:
*Sashays out in 10” platform heels*

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies to anyone scarred by the vision of whinnie the Pooh sashaying in 10” platform heels.

Of course, it might have been the sparkly dress that did it....

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
omg I love the image of Winnie in stilettos.