Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Boo on humidity.

It's actually been quite pleasant here today, so I've gotten a lot done.

Just had dinner and started mucking about with photoshop.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Nice weather makes productivity so much easier, doesn't it? Or rather, slightly less difficult. :D

I've also dinnered and washed up. Now on to some beta stuff. My brain does not want to work on my own words today!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Nice weather definitely makes it easier to DO stuff.

I've been on a bit of a baking rampage lately. :)

But today I also managed to get quite a few words down. I'm sort of stopped at teh moment because it's not conducive to good sleep to work on a scary story in the evening. *g*

Sometimes the brain just finds it easier to massage words that are already down rather than coming up with new ones.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Someone needs a critter to pummel them? :box: (That's what I'm choosing to take away from my skim-back. :tongue )
:ROFL: Thanks bf. That's exactly what I needed to workout that kink in my ... face. :e2beat:

Finally done. Now I'm really off to bed.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa! Late night, NaBra. Hope you don't have to get up super early in the morning.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
My pleasure! Anytime! :box:

Very late night, there. Sleep well. :hi:

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh, whatcha been baking, Jay?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm about to watch Great Aussie Bake Off - so drool-worthy.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I made an orange chocolate marbled cheesecake, lemon poppyseed scones, a dessert I tried to recreate from memory (my mother used to make it all the time), pizza dough, and I mixed up some cold oatmeal to try for brekkie tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm making spaghetti sauce, and a chicken mushroom and cheese thingy to put on pasta.

Hope you enjoy the show!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I tried the pear custard pie thing again, but was less than impressed with it. So I won't be making that again.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Ooh, yum!

I was thinking today I might bake something over the weekend, but if it's still humid like today was, there's no way that's going to happen!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
It's supposed to be very warm here on the weekend, so I definitely won't be doing any baking on the weekend.

You need the fan blowing on you for sure if you have to do baking when it's humid.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Once you find that right person, I would agree wholeheartedly. There are just people who naturally give the type of crit that fits for you. For me, I need a good balanced crit. This is what I liked. This is what you need to fix.

ETA: And then there are those that make you feel like this. :e2beat:

If someone is making you feel like that then they are not doing crit, beta reading, editing, or anything related. That's not a necessary part of the process at all. And I am speaking with my professional hat on. That is all.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

Thanks, Jay.

I was gonna come chat but...migraine. I’ve been fighting it off and on all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can hang out for a while.

So sorry to hear about the migraine, Lil. Feel better! The Great Wizard orders it!

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

I was all set at work yesterday for a super quiet one. Only had four patients booked in, spread out through the day, and one of them cancelled the moment the shop opened. Woot! I figured I'd have a lovely quiet day of catching up on paperwork and hanging out here.

By the time I came out of my first test, the whole morning had booked up, plus a couple of emergencies. By the time I got to lunch, my entire afternoon had filled up too. NOT impressed!

I mean, it's good for business, but I wanted a lazy AW day, dammit!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

I did get my hair trimmed, and it looks very nice. I also got a pedicure and made an appointment to get my taxes done, which will be today.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Morning, all.

Good luck on taxes and trimmings, Lady.

Thas, ok, BF. I can still see out of the one eye, so I'm good.

M, I dunno, some people like their coffee very dark - just sayin' :tongue.

J, actually woke up 1/2 hour late. Somehow I feel so ... rested. Weird how the brain works.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, peoples!

Accomplished doctor check-up this morning. Rah. I was the first appointment of the day, so it was rather nice. Played some Assassin's Creed: Origins until Housemate bothered to get out of bed. Now we're attempting to figure out what to do for lunch since we haven't grocery shopped yet this week. *sigh* All that talk about spaghetti yesterday decided dinner tonight, though. :D Housemate does her own sauce, so it will be tasty, especially with homemade garlic bread. :D

The big excitement to the rest of my day is cleaning the cat boxes. *sigh* Love the cats, but...yeah. Nuff said.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Taxes are finished and it cost me less than last year.

Also, I'm one post away from 7,000!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Well, I did it!

I'm about to be officially unemployed.

After a miserable couple of months at work, where my boss has been a world class asshole, I finally reached my breaking point. I resigned without another job to fall back on.

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Myrea and Lil.

Congrats on almost 7k, Lady.

I almost left a job under similar circumstances. I had been actively looking, because I had a whole tribe of world class assholes to deal with. I lucked into one, just before I snapped, and even that had me freaked out. I had no idea how the new job was going to pan out, but thank god I left that job. I would have definitely lost my mind if I had stayed.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Morning all.

Sounds like it's a good thing you left that workplace, Myrea - whether you have another job to go to or not. We spend so much time at work, it should be something that doesn't cause you stress, and you shouldn't have to put up with assholes. I hope you find something better as soon as you're ready.

I am awake. Apparently I'm going for a walk this morning. Outside. :scared:

But first - time to try my cold oatmeal and see if it's good or nasty. I'm having just a little bit of trouble wrapping my head around the idea of eating oatmeal that hasn't been cooked. Also today I think I will finish the spooky story. Then it's time to let it rest for a bit, then go over it once before sending it to my long-suffering crit partner to read.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
*Adjusts clock to Aussie time*. Morning, Jay. Glad the skurry story is moving along. Don't think I've ever had cold oatmeal - well mixed in a type of banana shake. Mrs V. :) calls it a 'ponche', which translates to punch, but its much more like a shake.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, NaBra. I've never had cold oatmeal before either, but this was actually very tasty. It was mixed with milk, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and then some flavourings. Today's effort had vanilla, raspberry jam, and some fresh raspberries. It was very creamy and tasty enough that I'll make more. The site I found the recipe on said it is filling enough to keep you from being hungry before lunch. We'll see if that's true.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Chia seeds has me thinking of chia pets and greek yogurt - very thick and quite tasty. Well the yogurt I had was mixed with blue berries. Anyway, that does sound tasty.