Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Al! That's awesome!

Yeah, anyone who wants to see this painting when it's done, I'd be happy to share pics with. Assuming it turns out well. You never know.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Al! That's awesome! :hooray::snoopy::partyguy:

Ok. My attempt to copy a post where my pic was posted earlier didn't work. So here's a 2nd attempt to bring some spring. . .

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Aussies have returned!

Congratulations
Alby!

:TheWave::TheWave::TheWave::TheWave:

I wanna see Lil!

Beautiful pkbax! Do those flowers have a smell?

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Southpaw, I wish I could post the beautiful aroma of a field of bluebonnets, but no one has developed the technology yet.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*YAY* ‘Tis good to see the Aussies back! I was beginning to think we had been transported in to a different reality where *gasp* the internet had not reached Australia yet.

Congratulations Alby!

Been working and Mom has made huge progress! She was able to get in to the car for the first time last week. She is now showering!! And we have set a preliminary date for me to think about going home! Between May 14 and 18!!! As long as she keeps progressing like this, It should be possible.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
That's great news, Bryan. Hope your mum continues to improve.

Gorgeous photo, pk!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After the PT session today, I walked the therapist out. I asked him if I was being to aggressive in setting an expected date range of May 14 - 18 for me going home. He said that it was a perfectly reasonable time frame, and my goals that she needs to attain are good ones (get in and out of bed, get in and out of the car, get in and out of the shower).

It was funny though. He did say that if I had asked him that a month ago, his answer would have been completely different. That was around the time that Mom was having a particularly rough time and doing a bit of a backslide. And she was blaming everything and everyone for what she wasn’t doing. It came to a head, and we had a talk. And just as the 4 or 5 other times that something like this has happened, she took a quantum leap forward in her capabilities.

So *YAY*. There is finally an end in sight! I’m going home!

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Bryan, I'm SO happy for you. I know it's been way too long. I'll keep sending positive healing vibes that way.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Gorgeous photo, pk!

Thanks. :D

After the PT session today, I walked the therapist out. I asked him if I was being to aggressive in setting an expected date range of May 14 - 18 for me going home. He said that it was a perfectly reasonable time frame, and my goals that she needs to attain are good ones (get in and out of bed, get in and out of the car, get in and out of the shower).

It was funny though. He did say that if I had asked him that a month ago, his answer would have been completely different. That was around the time that Mom was having a particularly rough time and doing a bit of a backslide. And she was blaming everything and everyone for what she wasn’t doing. It came to a head, and we had a talk. And just as the 4 or 5 other times that something like this has happened, she took a quantum leap forward in her capabilities.

So *YAY*. There is finally an end in sight! I’m going home!

Fantastic news!

-

Last edited:

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers Alby Bryan,

spring is sprung, things are on the up.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
wesa-going-home.jpg

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
you just got your nerd badge reinstated Alby

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, reppers!

Wow! Our Aussies have returned (minus Jay)! Did someone send out a smoke signal or something? Glad to have you all back. :)

Nothing of the exciting variety has happened around here. My cousin tore her ACL, which sucks. I had to work today. Now I'm in need of nap.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This weekend was entirely to short! Went to the movies saturday. Saw Ready Player One. It was kpretty good. Then went bowling on Sunday. I’m surprisingly not very sore today. So there is that. Of course, par for the course, a new weather front is rolling through, so dealing with the fall out from that. *ugh*.

In writing news, I have submitted a 1000 word short to sci-fi contest, and am going to submit another 4 shorts to a different contest. *gulp*. We will see how it goes.

I may post them in SYW to get some feedback. I think I may take the sci-fi short and see if I can expand it into something longer. Especially if the feedback is good on it.

Hope your Monday has gone well if goes well depending on your time zone!

:e2bear:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
My weekend was too short too. That happens when you have to work on Saturday. Oh, well. It is what it is. At least the mandatory weekend work will only last for another month or so.

My gaming meetup yesterday was a lot of fun. I played two new games, one of which I own, and enjoyed them both.

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be hibernating, hope alls well?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
It's really strange how quiet this place got. For a while, I couldn't keep up with all the posts.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I love having the windows open. They were all shut when I came home. My mom just didn't bother to open them. Well, they're all open now. I love listening to the birds.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Company is gone but now I have all the catch up work to do--and laundry up the ying yang.

"Up the ying yang" is an expression I haven't heard or used in ages.

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
top of the morning, all

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WOO HOO! I just wrote the last line of my first novel! Now I have to go back and apply my CP’s mods, and add a few things, delete a few things, send off to my already lined up beta reader and then .... panic! :gaah