Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, most of the smart stuff feels like overkill, just another way for them to reach into your pocket and make your wallet a little lighter. Though, M's idea for the printer makes sense.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
It's pre-packaged crumbed chicken breast, MRF. Not as gross as it sounds. Honest.

I don't think I could bring myself to use one of those smart plug things. Computers control enough stuff already.

I could just have the mushrooms on the side, but meh. I'm already a sort of short order cook when it's spagetti night. #2 has plain crumbed chicken with plain pasta and mixed veggies. Mr C has crumbed chicken, pasta, with a bit of sauce set aside for him so he can add what he wants (he has tummy issues and can't deal with large amounts of tomato-based stuff). Then #1 and I have the rest of the pasta with the sauce mixed in - and I usually throw a slice of cheese on my chicken and pour the pasta over top so the cheese melts.

Oh! Thanks for the explanation. Now it sounds like quick n' easy chicken Parmesan. I used to love that, even without the cheese. I used matzoh meal for the crumbs. ;)

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, most of the smart stuff feels like overkill, just another way for them to reach into your pocket and make your wallet a little lighter. Though, M's idea for the printer makes sense.

Speaking of crumbs...

Ty for throwing a few my way regarding the smart plug. I'll have to report on whether it helps with the electric bill.

I finally looked up the directions for using these fancy outlet strips I got from the electric company. They do nothing the way that I use them. Ha ha on me.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I've put myself in a foul mood - not anyone's fault but me own. Those friggin' phone scams. Just a little music to calm the nerves. Much better.

I remember getting some device that could test any device in the house. I can't remember what it was, but I was surprised at how little most common appliances and fixtures use. The AC unit and the pool pump were by far the worst.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Early day in court for me tomorrow. Hitting the sack early. Wish me luck or pray, whichever is your persuasion.

BryanT, I'm thinking of you and wishing you and your family peace.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

Thanks, Jay.

I was gonna come chat but...migraine. I’ve been fighting it off and on all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can hang out for a while.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Bummer on the migraine. :( I hope it goes away overnight and you'll be feeling much better in the morning. :Hug2:

I'm writing a spooky story. :)

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooh. Lurves spooky stories. Do you put your stuff on SYW, Jay?

Yup, feel better Lil. Hate migraines. :(

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
That's kewl. I can appreciate that. I've had a run in with a few critters that were less than kind, and quite honestly not that helpful.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
For myself I find it not really helpful to have too many people offering crit. Mostly I have one person - who has been my crit partner for the past 12 years - but occasionally I'll have another person look at something for me too.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Once you find that right person, I would agree wholeheartedly. There are just people who naturally give the type of crit that fits for you. For me, I need a good balanced crit. This is what I liked. This is what you need to fix.

ETA: And then there are those that make you feel like this. :e2beat:

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm askeerd of that last type of critter. *g*

ETA and that's not to say that my crit partner isn't brutal. She can be very brutal when it's called for. When that happens I go off and pout for a day or too... and then realize she's right. *g* Then the story either gets rewritten or, occasionally, tossed in the 'garbage' folder.

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Some people actually like that ... and there are those that like critters that do that to them. Hmm. I mean make them feel that way. Yep, gettin' sleepy.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not the sort that likes to feel like they've been pummelled.

Too many late work nights, eh?

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, not that I'm being distracted by other things. Nope. Not me.

I am getting stuff done. Just a little slower than it should be. I better call it a night. Hoping to get a little better sleep to night.

Night, Jay.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Someone needs a critter to pummel them? :box: (That's what I'm choosing to take away from my skim-back. :tongue )

- - - Updated - - -

:hi:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Beef! How's things?

I think it's NaBra who needs a critter to pummel him - not me. :)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
*pummels everyone*

Ugh, it's so freaking humid here today. I'm an energy-sapped useless lump.

How's your day been?