Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
SMOG, I swear I'm going to start telling strangers who ask that I'm from Canada and I'm just here visiting friends.

kneedeepinthedoomed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
spawnhost.wordpress.com
What I find more irritating is his talk about good and evil. Is this truly how he sees the world? There is no good and evil. NATO's job is not to fight evil, but to come to each others' defense should it be necessary.

Just as irritating as George W. Bush's talk about the axis of evil (no such thing) and Reagan's talk about the evil empire (no such thing). Is this truly how Americans see the world? It's embarassing. It's kindergarten talk. Six year olds are smarter than that. There is no evil, there are just contries and factions with conflicting interests. Grown-ups should not be talking toddler language.

Wolfalisk

Registered
Reaction score
President Trump is a reflection of American values and it should come to no surprise that such a crisp reflection might one day present a symbolic manifestation of how the United States views its allies and treats other countries.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He then went on the lecture NATO members about not paying their fair share. Ugh.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
He really is seven years old, isn't he?

He has all the social graces of an adolescent Golden Retriever with none of the charm (and only about half the brains).

He then went on the lecture NATO members about not paying their fair share. Ugh.

Which makes him sound even more juvenile--petulant and whiny. "It's not faaaaaaiiiiiir!"

This Onion article is spot on.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He really is seven years old, isn't he?

The sad thing is, his supporters won't see this behavior, because time & again in interviews, they say they "don't pay attention to news, and I think he's doing fine."

Mind, even if they did pay attention to (real) news, I'm not sure they'd mind 45 rudely shoving aside some metro-sexual commie Euro-trash. /sarc

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
President Trump is a reflection of American values and it should come to no surprise that such a crisp reflection might one day present a symbolic manifestation of how the United States views its allies and treats other countries.
Bit of a broad brush there, tbh.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The sad thing is, his supporters won't see this behavior, because time & again in interviews, they say they "don't pay attention to news, and I think he's doing fine."

I've heard this over and over again when they interview Trump voters on npr. "If you really talk to people outside of all of it, they really don't care, and they're turning it off."

Also some weird, unsubstantiated stuff about how, even thought Obamacare worked for their daughter, it hurts 50 for every one it helps, and how the government messes up whatever they get involved in, blah, blah, blah." Yep, those national parks sure suck. As does the NIH and NASA, as does food safety, and education, and sanitation, and the EPA (cut to this scene, replacing the word "Romans" with "Government").

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/14/528335226/how-is-president-trump-doing-2-trump-voters-weigh-in

Mind, even if they did pay attention to (real) news, I'm not sure they'd mind 45 rudely shoving aside some metro-sexual commie Euro-trash. /sarc

I think some Trump voters might be getting buyer's regret by now, more perhaps than when they found just 3% did back in March. Still, many, probably most, are holding firm. We can't forget that some people voted for him because they liked the "un censored," "not-politically correct" ness of him. He says what "everyone" is really thinking, according to them. I think some people take satisfaction at seeing our chief executive behaving like an untutored boor in public.

I keep thinking the GOP has finally lost its marbles, because it's again going after benefits and programs that benefit some of their core voters (older white people and working class white people who are down on their luck), but there never seems to be the mass exodus that would make sense if all people really did vote their own self interest. Maybe Stockholm syndrome works at the voting booths too.

Last edited:

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
re: the shoving thing. As much as it pains me, I'm going to be the voice of dissent. That's a big deal for me because I hate D.T. and I dearly want to believe every bad thing I see, read, or hear about him. But having seen the video, I don't think he actually shoved that man out of his way. It looked to me like Trump just caught him by the arm (maybe to get his attention), and when he (the 'pushee') turned towards him, Trump took the chance to slide past and get in front of him.

Like I said, that's hard for me to admit, but how can I complain about anyone else's lack of integrity if I don't show any?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
re: the shoving thing. As much as it pains me, I'm going to be the voice of dissent. That's a big deal for me because I hate D.T. and I dearly want to believe every bad thing I see, read, or hear about him. But having seen the video, I don't think he actually shoved that man out of his way. It looked to me like Trump just caught him by the arm (maybe to get his attention), and when he (the 'pushee') turned towards him, Trump took the chance to slide past and get in front of him.

Like I said, that's hard for me to admit, but how can I complain about anyone else's lack of integrity if I don't show any?
Oh, believe me at my house, that would be considered pretty rude.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

In the interest of being objective, I watched it a few more times looking to see if I might get your interpretation from it. In a real stretch you might think he's giving a friendly shoulder slap. But if that was the case, why is Trump looking past the man? And coming from behind, it's not like they'd been side by side chatting, Trump shoves past the man, not looking at him at all.

In the slo-mo, the man is disturbed at being grabbed. It's possible Trump said something jovial, again, not looking at the man at all, then the man cracks a tiny smile.

At best Trump was an asshole and when he realized he was acting like a toddler made some little comment to cover up his behavior.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
He's operating on the world stage, and he's desperate to be at the front of the group. He stops, preens, poses. By ANY standard, it's boorish, rude, and embarrassing behavior. From a world "leader?" It's worse.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Especially since there is no way the POTUS wasn't going to end up at the front of the shot, per tradition. If he hadn't shoved his way in, the photographer's assist would have called him front and centre. He is so clueless! And that arrogant pose at the end is almost farcically pathetic.

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm.... I watched the vid several times, and that was a definite "push Dukanovic aside to be front and centre" of the photo.

Agree with ElaineA.

I'm not sure "leader" can be applied here without a twitching of the lips or a smirk.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

In the interest of being objective, I watched it a few more times looking to see if I might get your interpretation from it. In a real stretch you might think he's giving a friendly shoulder slap. But if that was the case, why is Trump looking past the man? And coming from behind, it's not like they'd been side by side chatting, Trump shoves past the man, not looking at him at all.

In the slo-mo, the man is disturbed at being grabbed. It's possible Trump said something jovial, again, not looking at the man at all, then the man cracks a tiny smile.

At best Trump was an asshole and when he realized he was acting like a toddler made some little comment to cover up his behavior.

Here's a link to a slow-mo video of Trump pushing his way to the front of the group like a rude 7-year-old with no manners on School Picture Day. Look at the guy Trump gives the Noo Yawk "getouddamyway" move to. Does he look like someone whose attention is wanted or Trump just wanted him to get the hell out of his way?

Given a chance to be diplomatic or pull a dick move, nobody should be surprised when Trump opts for the dick move.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What's also interesting is that after the man gives him a shove back, Trump turns towards the guy he shoved (and the woman next to them) and extends his neck, tightens his lips, and narrows his eyes. It looks like dominance posturing to me, and it's not at all subtle. What's he going to do next, spray the curtains with urine?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.