In the window between offer of rep and signing...

elsett

Registered
Reaction score
So an offer of rep was received, I nudged other agents, sent fulls to those interested, now waiting for DAYS...

How fast do agents typically get back with a counter-offer? This is considering those that hadn't requested a full until receiving the nudge w/offer. I know reading a whole new MS in just a few days is tough, but I was under the impression that agents moved quickly in this situation.

The wait is killing me. I'd rather get rejections!

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
A. They will respond immediately.

B. They will respond in a few days.

C. They will respond at the very end of the deadline.

D. They will respond after the deadline has passed.

E. They will not respond at all.

There is nothing you can do, and although I would also be anxious and chomping at the bit, my best advice is this: Go do something else. Anything else. You can't hurry the process. Congrats on the offer!!!

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
I assume you gave them a deadline by which to respond?

Carrie summed up my experience. Some got back the same day, some closer to the deadline (I gave 12 days IIRC). One responded to the nudge to say she would read but never replied.

The length of time it takes them to read doesn't mean anything, so try to distract yourself until deadline day. :D

elsett

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone! So far I've gotten a few rejections, still holding out for a last minute counter-offer, even though that was my indecisive-self's nightmare when this all started.

Funny, how those rejections get you doubting everything again even after getting an offer!

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, just wait it out. Some respond right away. I was lucky enough to get multiple offers. One came pretty soon, another came close to the deadline. You honestly never know, so just make some brownies or have some wine (or whatever vice works for you!) and just hang in there till the deadline. But no matter what, you have an offer! Congrats!!