Good Evening!

cauliflower

Registered
Reaction score
Or good noon or good morning to you for wherever you are!

My name's Nate, and I'm here because I probably should have done this a few years ago. I've always written as a hobby (though nobody knows) and I figured I ought to break out of my shell if I'm ever going to get published or at least serious about it. I finished my third draft of a far future science fiction adventure/mystery novel late last year, and now I'm trying to figure out "now what?" I have a few ideas about what to do now, but the more I learn about the writing world the more questions I have. I've joined a few writing circles now, and I thought this one would be worth a try.

What I've discovered so far is that it's a give and take world, sharing is caring, you rub my back I rub yours, don't use cliche's in writing. And that when I'm giving, I'm a big picture person. I noticed in other critique groups people do a lot of line editing, like learning to write more effective voice and sentences, which is great and it taught me a lot. But when I critique, I work better when I can see the piece as a whole. That's made it difficult for me to critique one chapter at a time because I'm not seeing one chapter in the context of another. What I like to do is read a whole book and then hop back and forth as I'm making comments so I can see consistency and development. So that's how I'm looking to share and care here: I'm looking for whole books to lose myself in, and hopefully get someone else un-lost. For myself, I'm looking to answer all those questions, but most importantly: friends.

Have a wonderful morning, noon, or night!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

E. Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, cauliflower :banana: Will look forward to reading some of your works and your critiques.

Yarns

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Nate!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - And I lurves me some Cauliflower! ;)