Horizon Zero Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicyqueso

Registered
Reaction score
I loved that game so much! Especially the fact that the main character was a strong female with no love interest. Hoe often do you get that!? The story drew me in and wouldn't let me go. I guess that might also be from my slight obsession with thinking robots are going to take over the world.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Finally completed the Gravehorde, got to meet Hades (NOT a nice fellow), and did the big side quest in Sunfall. Now about to get back on the main track this next weekend. All I can say is Aloy's virtual partner is a real pain in the . . . . well, he could be a lot more helpful if he chose to.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Finally completed the Gravehorde, got to meet Hades (NOT a nice fellow), and did the big side quest in Sunfall. Now about to get back on the main track this next weekend. All I can say is Aloy's virtual partner is a real pain in the . . . . well, he could be a lot more helpful if he chose to.

Gravehorde was so cool. And yeah, Sylens can go pick a fight with two Thunderjaws.

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
For Ss&Gs, I decided to take a break from the main story line to visit the Frozen Wilds. May I say, with all malice aforethought, Frostmaws SUCK. So, I have no doubt Firemaws are going to be worse. And this is definitely more heavy on the puzzle aspects. I did manage to deal with the crazy Oseram, get a finely tuned instrument back in action, get a Tallneck back on its feet and survived the Shaman Trail. AND, learned more Banuk history/legends than I ever thought possible.

*whew*

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
OK, a month later (obviously not playing this every evening), I have completely completed the Frozen Wilds (main story and all side quests), sneaked into the bowels of Sunfall, fought in the Sun Ring, dealt with the Embrace and visited the last main spot (gah - hard to talk about this without spoilers). Also I now own the funky suit of armor I've been wanting for like forever.

Now, I stand before the gates of Meridian.

Wish me luck.

Oh, and even after all this, I stand my my original opinion that Sylens is a piece of work . . . and the guy who created Hades enjoyed his job just a tad too much.

Last edited:

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
The Battle of Meridian is at an end. The good guys (and gals) came out victorious . . . yay!

While the ending was touching, I wish there had been a bit more. I'd have liked Aloy to have had a chance to visit with those who came to support her before the finale.

Oh, my goodness, going back to Rost after everything that happened was . . . And then visiting Cyan again . . . Wow, the writers deserve even more credit than I ever would have given them. Went straight for the feels.

But, I definitely see hints as to where we're going in H:ZD II. Looking forward to being along with the ride.

Is it just me, or is there a certain amount of depression that hits when you get to the end of an absolutely fantastic game? Because, I think I'm going through withdrawal symptoms and I just finished it two hours ago. *aauugh!*

P.S. If I ever see Sylens again, I'm going to kick him in the nards just as hard as I can. What an idiot.

Last edited:

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there a certain amount of depression that hits when you get to the end of an absolutely fantastic game? Because, I think I'm going through withdrawal symptoms and I just finished it two hours ago. *aauugh!*

I remember immediately diving back in for a second helping. That worked like a charm.

��

Status
Not open for further replies.