How to find readers of old horror comics?

brandenburgdm

Registered
Reaction score
Website
keepyoufromscreaming.blogspot.com
Hi Horror people,

I've been writing horror short stories based on old Witches Tales comics from the 50's. Does anyone here knows of any communities that read these type of old stories? Maybe you've run into a group in your own research, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that knows of an online group? I'm kind of looking for the fans of these comics to give me some feedback.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Horror people,

I've been writing horror short stories based on old Witches Tales comics from the 50's. Does anyone here knows of any communities that read these type of old stories? Maybe you've run into a group in your own research, or have a friend of a friend of a friend that knows of an online group? I'm kind of looking for the fans of these comics to give me some feedback.

What are you planning to do with these stories? Work from the '50s is most likely still under copyright, so unless you get permission from the copyright holders to create derivative works they won't be publishable.

brandenburgdm

Registered
Reaction score
Website
keepyoufromscreaming.blogspot.com
That's a good point. Basically I'm using the covers as a writing prompt. I haven't read any of the stories, or even know where I can find the comics. I'm taking the image of the comic cover and jumping off with my own story.