• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Root Literary (Holly Root)

isamonei

Registered
Reaction score
anybody have experience with Holly since she branched out?

TheMontess

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to Root Literary on the 11th of February 2019 and got a response within 2 weeks. It was a polite, possibly form rejection but I appreciated that they even contacted me back.

Medazza

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve had a recent rejection from them. They don’t suit my genre but they seem, from social media, to be good people

Corvid

~
Registered
Reaction score
Kurestin Armada works there now, I hear. Hopefully it will be easier to get ahold of her at Root Literary than it was at her old agency (P.S. Literary). I had a full out with them for a while and communication was a literal nightmare.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Just an update to my previous post in this thread. In July 2019 I'd sent Taylor Haggerty a requested full of Manuscript A, but I didn't heard back from her.

In October 2020, I was sending out queries for Manuscript B, and I queried her. A few weeks later, she replied to my query by saying she was sorry for the long delay but she would not be pursuing representation. There was no reference to which one she was rejecting, but since she mentioned representation, I took this as a form rejection for both Manuscript A and the query of Manuscript B as well.

Last edited:

MrPinot

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query on a Mystery to Melanie Figueroa on 9/20 and got a polite form rejection on Sunday afternoon 9/23. I guess she was catching up on her email.

Bhuku

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Melanie Figueroa? I have a call soon, I'd love to hear from current/past clients!

Stormshine

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Melanie Figueroa? I have a call soon, I'd love to hear from current/past clients!
I've heard nothing but good things (no personal knowledge, just that people frequently mention her as being a fantastic agent with a solid reputation.) That's awesome!

• Love
Reactions: Bhuku