dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Edit/update: thanks to a quick gofundme campaign, the DDP board is staying up for another year!

Done Dealers, welcome to the Absolute Write message board, if you dropped by for a look-see.

For info, the DDP message board is closing up soon, as per Will's announcement in The Forums thread in DDP's Announcements, News, & Opportunities forum. (Only the message board is closing, the main Done Deal Pro site is still running happily.)

You're welcome to camp out here in Scripts, Stage, and Screen discussion forum, and we also have a Screenwriting sub-forum in the Share Your Work area (password = vista) for feedback on loglines and screenplay samples.

Rough ideas can be outlined and made less rough in Brainstorming Sandbox forum (password = vista).

Films and TV series are discussed in Movies, TV, and Theater forum.

Have a look around, acquaint yourself with the many forums here, which might interest you if you're also into writing prose, or anything else for that matter.

Shout out if you have any questions.

-Derek (dpaterso on the Done Deal Pro board, also)

PS - Will also created a Facebook group for DDers to hang out on also, you'll need to request to join the group if you haven't already.

PPS - be aware that when you register here, your registration needs to be verified by our site admin in order to block the endless horde of spambots determined to introduce you to mole removal offers on Groupon. Said verification may lead to a slight delay -- but you will receive a confirmation email as soon as it gets done. So please be patient!

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
This is a wee bit unusual, quoting Will from a recent DDP post, redirecting URLs could cause usual links to not work, note the temporary IP address if this happens:

Done Deal Pro said:
Either tonight or tomorrow at some point, I'm going to have to wrap this all up. I've done backups, etc. for everything so hopefully that might help down the road in some fashion.

When I make the change part of this will involve re-directing the forums to a notice about what is going on so that someone that hasn't visited in awhile won't simply get a blank page. Might take a little doing to iron all out, since I also want to see about redirecting any and all URLs going into the forums to the page as well so no one is wondering where particularly thread link went if it was posted elsewhere.

As a courtesy to some of you regulars, you should be able to use during all this the following link to at least check in a few more times, once the "regular" URL redirect takes place: http://64.78.5.250/boards/

It won't last for long, but it might help for a day or so, if need be.