UK meet

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Shakesbear and I have been discussing another UK meet. We've been considering Peterborough in the late summer. Is anyone interested?

I've really enjoyed the meet ups we've had so far! Newbies welcome.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I am. I am very interested. :snoopy: And excited.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pictures! Unless you all want to chip in and fly me there.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! I'll hit up some of the old crew on twitter, tell them to head back if they're interested.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent idea Maythe.

Dates? Late summer - weekend or weekday? Some weekne dates - if no one goes for any of these we can look at weekdays. Saturday August 19th or 26th. 26th is Bank Holiday weekend. September - Saturdays 2nd, 9th, 16th.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I really can't do week days I'm afraid - I have virtually no holiday left already this year.

My available dates are 19th and 26th Aug and 16th, 22nd and 29th Sept.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I really can't do week days I'm afraid - I have virtually no holiday left already this year.

My available dates are 19th and 26th Aug and 16th, 22nd and 29th Sept.

I'm in Peterborough anyway on September 29th as it's UK FantasyCon weekend, so that would be perfect!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I will be at Fantasycon as well, so if that's the meet-up date I can easily come along to say hello.

As for the other dates mentioned, I can't make 26 August (will be in London for Frightfest) nor 16 September (brother's 50th birthday, and I've had a big hint to keep that weekend clear :)) The other dates are clear right now, but as ever go with the majority.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Shakesbear can't do the 29th otherwise that would be a good date.

I also wanted to add we might want to consider an additional date in London as there are some people who would be more able to come to London - maybe a winter one.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Aww I'm sorry Jimmy. It's not that we don't like you it's just we don't all want to get arrested again.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Pokes thread.

So to summarise the 29th would be great for those attending fantasy con. Won't you all be busy doing con things? I've never been to a con so my picture is probably a bit skewed. But SB can't do that weekend :cry:

What about any of the other dates suggested?

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I have shuffled things around and can do most of the dates, including Friday 29th September, but not Saturday 30th September.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
AAARGH! I hadn't noticed the 29th was the Friday, not the Saturday. I really can't take any more time off work this year. I have one holiday day left unassigned and I need to save that for emergencies. You guys could always meet up without me and I'll organise a London meet for the winter.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Maythe it would not be the same without you :( London, later in the year, might be a better option than Peterborough. P'borough was suggested because it is more central, and possibly easier and cheaper for some to reach.

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
I leave England on the 23rd of August, so anytime before that is cool. Nae met a bunch of writers before!

Would the chat time during the day, cos I would have to return to London in the evening. Hotels are too expensive in England, period.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
It does look rather like a rethink might be in order. Does anyone else have a preferred location? I'm willing to go anywhere that's less than 2 hours from Nottingham so probably anywhere from London to York.

Travelgal - it would be during the day (probably afternoon).

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
Good to know, Maythe. I suppose it has to be a weekend since most people have to work.