AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's in here enroll in Kindle Unlimited ($480 million payout in 2017)?

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    If you mean documentation proving you are the copyright holder that is a separate issue.
    Emily Veinglory

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin J.T. Marsh's Avatar
    I'm certain Amazon will be hit with antitrust action at some point for requiring exclusivity for enrollment in KU. Restricting authors to a single retailer can't possibly be legal, ultimately.

Anyways, KU has done little for me, perhaps because I specialize in literary fiction and don't release new novels often. It seems to me if you write genre fiction (i.e. Harlequin and Silhouette type romances), write in series, and crank out books regularly it's probably worth it.
    Twitter: @jtmarshauthor
    www.jtmarshauthor.com

Abnormal Romance Author thethinker42's Avatar
    I've been experimenting a bit with going wide, but what little traction I get on other sites is peanuts compared to Amazon. My Amazon royalties are 2/3 KU, and nothing I've done to drive sales elsewhere has been effective. I pulled a fairly successful book from KU and put it up on other sites for a month. It sold 6 copies. Six. It's now back in KU because I simply can't justify keeping it wide.

The exclusivity and fluctuating rates drive me insane, but the market isn't leaving me a lot of choice.
    Lori
    Website * Blog * Twitter

AW Library: Lauren Gallagher * L. A. Witt * Lori A. Witt * Ann Gallagher

In-Progress:
    It Was Always You - 18,051 / 50,000
    Tarnish - 2,013 / 75,000
    Incel -
    12,027 / 80,000

Reckless Behavior - Available Now!

practical experience, FTW rwm4768's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Marsh View Post
    I'm certain Amazon will be hit with antitrust action at some point for requiring exclusivity for enrollment in KU. Restricting authors to a single retailer can't possibly be legal, ultimately.
    I think they're okay legally. Authors don't have to enroll in KU. If you were forced to do it to publish on Amazon, then it would be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12