Bad Joke Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Have you heard about the new type of corduroy pillows? They're making headlines.

Why was the mermaid wearing seashells? Because she grew out of her B-shells.

A women had twins and gave them up for adoption. One went to an Egyptian family and is named "Ahmal" The other was sent to a Spanish family and is named "Juan". Years later, Juan sends his birth mother a picture of himself. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. He replies, "They're twins for Pete's sake!! If you've seen Juan, you've see Ahmal!!"

A group of friars opened a florist shop to help with their belfry payments. Everyone liked to buy flowers from the Men of God, so their business flourished. A rival florist became upset that his business was suffering because people felt compelled to buy from the Friars, so he asked the Friars to cut back hours or close down. The Friars refused. The florist went to them and begged that they shut down, but again they refused. So the florist then hired Hugh McTaggert, the biggest meanest thug in town. He went to the Friars' shop, beat them up, destroyed their flowers, trashed their shop, and said that if they didn't close, he'd be back. Well, totally terrified, the Friars closed up shop and hid in their rooms. This proved that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn, unable to speak for the groaning

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A man and his wife decided to see the bullfights in Mexico City. They had a very exciting time, and on leaving the ring, saw a restaurant advertising BULLFIGHT SPECIAL. They decided to try it and were rewarded with a platter of tortillas, rice, peppers, slasa, and two big, juicy, steaming hunks of meat. They left very satisfied.

A few weeks later the man returned on some business and again ate the Bullfight Special at the restaurant. The platter was the same, but this time, there were two small, shriveled pieces of meat. He called the waiter over.

"I don't understand. Last time I ate here there were two big pieces of meat, now they're a lot smaller. What gives?"

The waiter shook his sadly and said, "Oh, Senor. Sometimes the bull wins."

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
A husband says to his wife "hey, how about we try a new position tonight?"

Wife says "Sounds like a great idea. You stand by the ironing board and I will sit in front of the TV drinking beer."

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
How many Freudian psychoanalysts does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two. One to change the lightbulb and the other to hold the penis - I mean ladder.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
How many therapists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change.

Charles Windsoap

Registered
Reaction score
Man goes to see a therapist.

Therapist asks man: "what do you do for a living?"

Man says: "I'm a mechanic."

Therapist says: "Get under the couch."

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, 'When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah'.

The teacher asked, 'What if Jonah went to hell?'

The little girl replied, 'Then you ask him'.

Kinsman

Destroyer of Keyboards
Registered
Reaction score
A man went to a therapist because he'd had nightmares of creatures under his bed since he was a child.
The therapist asked the man all the typical questions about his childhood, then charged him $150 and scheduled another visit for the following day.
Several weeks passed and the man never returned. Two months later the therapist happened across the man elsewhere in town and asked why he hadn't come back.
The man replied, "I'm cured!"
The therapist asked, "How?"
The man replied, "Well, I stopped at a bar after my session with you, lamenting how I'd just been charged $150 to talk about my childhood. Then I proceeded to tell the bartender about my fear. He then told me that he could cure my fears for a whole lot less than $150."
The man paused and the therapist asked, "And...?"
The former patient replied, "The bartender told me to take the legs off my bed. Can't be any creatures under there NOW! I tipped him $50!"

Last edited:

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled “How to start a Wildfire”. I got 48,500 matches.

There was a guy who got his entire left side cut off. Don’t worry, he is all right now.

Why did the picture go to jail? Cause it was framed!

Three men are on a boat. They have four cigarettes, but nothing to light them with. So they throw a cigarette overboard and the whole boat becomes a cigarette lighter.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Did you hear the one about the lone shark?

He lost all his friends because he conned them out of money.

Last edited:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did you hear Easter's been cancelled? The Easter Bunny has egg-zema.

SansSeraph

Registered
Reaction score
This one's my favourite joke. It is a bit long, though.

Juan was a simple man who lived in a small rural town with his family consisting of himself, his wife, his daughter and his son. Juan had three rules for his family that he enforced strictly. Those three rules were: no drugs, no smoking and no swearing. Juan's family was all too happy to follow these rules, and as a result, Juan had a perfect family. Because of these rules, Juan's family never fought or bickered or lied or hurt each other.

One day, Juan's neighbour got curious as to how Juan kept such a perfect family, and he wanted his own family to be as perfect. Juan's neighbour asked Juan how he kept such a perfect family, and Juan said, "how about you come over to dinner with us tonight. We'll cook you up a lovely meal and I'll share my rules with you". Juan's neighbour came over that evening and enjoyed a delicious feast, and when they were done, Juan pulled his neighbour aside and explained to him, "I have three rules for my family: no drugs, no smoking, and no swearing. As a result, I have a perfect family" Juan's neighbour thought that this was genius, and ran home to tell his family about it. Within a month, Juan's neighbour had a family just as perfect as his own.

The mayor of Juan's city took notice of the two perfect families in Juan's relatively small neighbourhood, and decided that he needed to learn a thing or two from this man in order to help win the next election. The mayor took a visit to Juan's house and knocked on his door. Upon answering the door, the mayor asked to be invited inside to talk with Juan. Juan put the kettle on and pulled up a couple chairs for them to sit on. After making small talk, the mayor went ahead and asked Juan about his family. Juan enjoyed a hearty laugh before looking to the mayor with a smile on his face, and explained to him, "that's an easy one Mr. Mayor, because you see I have three rules for my family: no drugs, no smoking, and no swearing". The mayor loved the sound of these rules, and ran back to his office to draft up his new campaign promises involving these rules. The mayor won by a landslide, implemented the new rules to Juan's city, and within the week Juan's city was perfect. There were no more holes in the roads, tourism was at an all time high, and all of the residents were genuinely happy and they all began opening their own successful small businesses.

Soon enough the president of Juan's country took notice of the perfect city, and realized that if he could possibly scale up the city's policies to a national level, he might be able to remedy many of the country's issues. The president scheduled a meeting with the mayor and flew down to meet him. Upon asking the mayor about his policies, however, the mayor said, "oh no no, I'm not the one you should be asking about that. Let me introduce you to my friend Juan; they're his rules, and he'll tell you all about them". The mayor gave the president directions to Juan's place, and the president set off in his limo. The president arrived, walked up to Juan's front door flanked by his security detail, and knocked on Juan's door. Upon Juan answering the door, the president began speaking, "Juan, I'll keep this short and sweet; I'm looking to make some fundamental changes to this country, and I was told that you could provide me with some valuable insight". Juan was confounded by the presence of the president on his front doorstep, but he began to explain, "well actually, it's three simple rules I have for my family. My three rules are: no drugs, no smoking, and no swearing". A slow smile stretched across the president's face as he exclaimed, "Brilliant, Mr. Juan, I'll make you a national hero yet". The president immediately jumped back on his plane, flew back to his office, and started drafting up his new laws. The three new laws were passed without objection, and the country became perfect within a day. Industry was booming, international relations all turned positive, the economy reached an all time high and unemployment reached an all time low.
At this time, all of the surrounding countries began getting very curious, and very hungry for a piece of the fortune enjoyed by Juan's country. Very soon international spies began reporting back to their respective countries about what they'd found, and all the surrounding countries began implementing Juan's three rules for their own gain, and the positive changes were visible almost immediately. In only hours after Juan's three rules came to international attention, the world became perfect. There was no more poverty, no more hunger, no more war and disease, and no more sadness. Juan was elected as the new one world leader for his impeccable reasoning after a unanimous vote, and all of the past world leaders were more than happy to step down for Juan.

The world lived in complete peace and harmony for many years, but after a while people began realizing that they really missed drugs, smoking and swearing. Gradually, a small underground resistance group was formed against Juan and his leadership, and they began scheming on how to take him out. Eventually a plan was conceived, and was put into action several days later. In the middle of the night, several of the resistance fighters broke into Juan's house, kidnapped him, and loaded him onto their helicopter. They then proceeded to fly out into the desert, where they tied him up to a cactus, and shot him dead with a golf ball gun.

What's a golf ball gun you may ask?

Well I don't know exactly, but it sure put a hole in Juan

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Been reading a lot of vampire fiction lately, and realized that it's mostly set in Europe and North America. Then it hit me. Vampires can be killed by holy water, and they bless the rains down in Africa.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aside from a joke, that would make a heck of a twist ending for a vampire story!

No joke . . . let's ban Frimble for offering something sensible in this thread, not completely batty and with teeth.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Batty and with teeth?
A dotty old lady after she's paid off her dentures?
A baseball player with a dazzling smile?

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Hear about the parrot who was addicted to TV?

He kept saying "Polly want a clicker."

Status
Not open for further replies.