Leggsit

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
Sometimes words fail me. Here's how the Daily Mail, one of the UK's best selling newspapers, reported a meeting between Theresa May and Nicola Sturgeon...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39416554

The Daily Mail has since defended the piece, saying:

[FONT=&quot]For goodness sake, get a life! Sarah Vine’s piece, which was flagged as light-hearted, was a side-bar alongside a serious political story. It appeared in an 84-page paper packed with important news and analysis, a front page exclusive on cost-cutting in the NHS and a health supplement devoted to women’s health issues.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the record, the Mail was the paper which, more than any other, backed Theresa May for the top job. Again for the record, we often comment on the appearance of male politicians including Cameron’s waistline, Osborne’s hair, Corbyn’s clothes – and even Boris’s legs. Is there a rule that says political coverage must be dull or has a po-faced BBC and leftwing commentariat, so obsessed by the Daily Mail, lost all sense of humour … and proportion?[/FONT]

And just to make the story complete, Sarah Vine is the wife of Michael Gove - one of the architects of Brexit and the originator of the infamous "we don't listen to experts any more" quote.

Never mind the politics, look at the legs.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, the classic "Can't you take a joke?" defense, doubled-down with "well, we talk about men's looks, too (yanno...that one time)." Never heard EITHER of those before. Blargh. :gaah

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I always rely on the Daily Mail for all of my important political news and information. I wouldn't be the man I am today without it.

:sarcasm