• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader, ready and willing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosemary1023

Registered
Reaction score
I read anything ranging from splatter punk to fantasy; supernatural or horror elements are a preference. But I have also been known to devour the occasional light-hearted romance novel.

If you want someone to be a sensitivity reader, I could help you out on that front. If you don't ask for my opinion on such matters, I won't give it.

I saw an earlier thread where a person suggested sending them the first three chapters, and sending the rest only if the author found the quality of the feedback acceptable. I think this sounds like a good idea and would like to appropriate it.

I don't have any impressive experience to share with you. I am just an aspiring writer that wants to help other aspiring writers.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For the record, this kind of offer earns you the good will of a great many writers. I wish more such offers were posted.

Maryn, who's taken a liking to you

Night_Writer

It's all symbolic.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta reader. I have a novel that I classify as Adult Contemporary Fantasy. Or Paranormal. It's 127,000 words. Yes, it's long, and I want the beta reader to tell me what could be left out!

object of my charm

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Rosemary,
Your offer sounds amazing. I've sent you a private message.
Cheers, Bella

rosemary1023

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just taking a quick moment to post here to say that I got a lot of PMs and I'm trying to get back to everyone. I'm responding to people, but I plan on reading on a first come first serve basis.

I hope I will be of help :)

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just taking a quick moment to post here to say that I got a lot of PMs and I'm trying to get back to everyone. I'm responding to people, but I plan on reading on a first come first serve basis.

I hope I will be of help :)

I'm seeking beta-help, but you sound like your dance card may be full. If I may ask, how many requests have you got on your plate? Don't need the exact #, just a ballpark WAG so I know what I might expect if I offer to swop beta reads.

Cheers,

-dickson

Status
Not open for further replies.