Clothes for 1:12 Scale Dolls?

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I was in a craft store when I remembered my doll collecting sister has a birthday coming up. I saw and bought her a family of 1:12 scale dollhouse dolls; I think I may regret the purchase. You see, she not only likes to collect dolls, she likes to make clothes for them. She has a lot of patterns, but I don't know if she has any for these kinds of dolls. Before I return them to the store or buy a back up gift, I'd like to find if either patterns exist for them or if another doll's patterns might fit. I've looked online, but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions, preferably for sewing patterns? If it helps for finding alternate patterns, the closest sized patterns I know she has are for Barbie and Blythe, but I've found patterns for smaller popular dolls online.

Thank!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Dawn, Pippa, and Rock Flower dolls were all about 1:12 scale. Not sure about the others, I know there are Dawn patterns available. There are also books and patterns available if you search doll house doll clothes, or 1:12 doll clothes patterns. Some free patterns here.

Barbie patterns could also be scanned and scaled down by half (Barbie is 1:6 scale), but I wouldn't try anything super-fitted because her figure probably doesn't match the doll house woman.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Marlys! This really helps, especially the part about Barbie.

Marlys said:
Barbie is 1:6 scale
I wonder if that means that half-sized Ken and Kelly patterns will fit the man and girl dolls. Store bought Barbie patterns often come with a suit or 2 for Ken, and I've seen a few free Kelly patterns online.

Thanks again.

Reprobate Typewriter

Registered
Reaction score
That's the size of doll that goes in those super-realistic doll's houses. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding patterns especially for them. If anything, you may have created a monster. Just Google 1:12 dolls clothes patterns, plus the name of whatever era you're looking for.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
If you're still looking, http://dollmakersjourney.com/wagner.html might be of interest - the outfits are 'old fashioned' rather than contemporary, but they're built for a somewhat chunky fabric doll, rather than, say, a slender 'Dawn' body. They are, however, kind of expensive for my tastes (and only one outfit each).

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I gave her the dolls and she seems to like them. The good news is that she does have patterns for dollhouse dolls, though whether she has patterns for this scale is another story. The bad news is that the dolls are sewn into their clothes, so she'll have to remove them with scissors or a seam ripper. :( Ah, well.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Check out MiniDolls.com. They sell all kinds of supplies for doll sewing, including historical patterns for dollhouse-sized dolls.