Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My goal for the past two weeks was to meet a play festival submission deadline of Feb 15th. I wasn't going to write a play. I wasn't going to submit. But on January 29th, I received a personal invitation from the festival to submit. They may have been throwing out a net to all area playwrights, but I took it seriously and was proud to be included in the invitation (whether it be broad or not---I still don't know).

Fast forward 2 weeks...I submitted TWO plays! I hurried to get them down on the page, panicked. They had to be at least 30 minutes in length, and I shot for 45 minutes.

I clicked send yesterday than sighed for about 7 hours...exhausted and unbelieving that I reached my goal...I accomplished not one but two plays in that period of time. I don't even care if I ever hear back from them...one of those plays? I had wanted to write it for several years now.

Then, this morning--first thing--I read the play I've been most excited about. I love it. I actually like something I wrote. It's poignant and weepy and about love and loss and hope. I LIKE it!

I don't want to lose this feeling...this sense that I did something. (-:

ETA: I submitted both of these plays with just the idea that I had a sense of accomplishment. I honestly didn't think it would come to anything...I was just happy to be writing again. Last night I received confirmation that they would like to use both plays this summer for an audience involved reading series at an incredible local theatre...

"We would dearly love to work with you on some upcoming Theatre3x60 projects - namely, some rehearsed play readings that will afford some participant and audience feedback that we are looking to schedule during our Summer Theatre presentations in Port Perry. The readings will likely take place in July/early August, and we are thinking we would like to present both of the plays you submitted in a single presentation. Would you be interested in participating, and permit us to present your plays?"

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks, all! Riding the wave, hoping not to fall. I have a new deadline...for a short story for an anthology I was invited to contribute to. MUST. KEEP. WRITING! Thanks!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on meeting the deadline - for two plays, no less. :Clap:

Even better to reread your work and still like it. Enjoy the moment.

Oh, and good luck with the short story.

clek25

Watching Disney movies
Registered
Reaction score
I've felt the same way. Even if nothing came out of it, it just felt so awesome to act on something I'm passionate about. Keep doing it!

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:greenie
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
:banana:
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif
:greenie

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
:e2cheer:
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
space.gif
d.gif
o.gif
o.gif
o.gif
o.gif
space.gif
space.gif
space.gif
e.gif
e.gif
e.gif
e.gif
t.gif

:banana: :e2cheer: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :e2cheer: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana::e2cheer: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :e2cheer: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :e2cheer: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you, everyone! :)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Original post edited. BOTH PLAYS accepted for rehearsed staged readings this coming summer! (-:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you both!! (-:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You, sir, are an overachiever, which means you should be able to pat yourself on the back with both hands and at least one foot simultaneously.

^ This is the kind of thing my brain comes up with as a compliment when it's being weird. The short version of what I'm trying to say is: Congrats, dude! That's awesome!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic! Huge congrats.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A double-whammy! Congratulations KTC. :snoopy:

Status