Probably a coincidence, but look what I found: EEOC Website Fail

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
So I just started training for an HR position, and this morning I found myself browsing the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) website, specifically the Publications request form page, where you can order fact sheets about the various forms of workplace discrimination.

The "National Origin Discrimination" factsheet tops the list. At the moment, however, the link leads you to a page saying "We're sorry, but that page could not be found."

...it's the only one missing.

I know it's probably just a poorly maintained website demonstrating its mediocrity, but it kind of creeped me out. Like, "you can't discriminate based on age, or religion, or pregnancy, or race, or disability. Oh, national origin? Well, we USED to protect against discrimination based on that, too, but... well... can we get back to you?"

Dammit, America. We're supposed to be ADDING to the list of protected classes (c'mon LBGTQ), not removing them.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I got "This page is in the process of being created or has temporarily been inactivated"

I don't think this is a coincidence.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
and the PDF says:

[h=1]This Page Was Not Found.[/h] We're sorry, but that page could not be found.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I got "This page is in the process of being created or has temporarily been inactivated"

I don't think this is a coincidence.

and the PDF says:

This Page Was Not Found.

We're sorry, but that page could not be found.

Yeah, I should have clarified that the bit I quoted was from the PDF link. Alpha Echo clicked on the HTML link, which is also down. I would have posted screenshots (I took some), but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to use photobucket or similar software.

It's weird that it worked for Cindyt, though...

I feel like I should do something about this, tell someone. But with all the other insanity going on in the government, would anybody care? I mean, it's just a broken link. How often does anybody even actually look at those documents? Could be it's been broken for months. Should I contact the admin in the HTML message (copied below) and nose around?

This page is in the process of being created or has temporarily been inactivated

If you have any questions please contact the following person:

admin-eeoc-dev

Last edited:

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I contacted the good folks at NPR. It may come to nothing, but I figured "why not?"

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting that the page gives a contact that is NOT in the form of a clickable e-mail link. Also deliberate, I imagine.

Anyway, I've sent them a nice naïve request at their info address.