AW loading lag time

pentimental

Registered
Reaction score
This happens about once a month, only on AW, and only when I'm signed in (using IE). On Firefox, where I keep cookies disabled and don't sign in, I can access AW fine.

The site suddenly takes forever to load, and when I try to scroll there's a significant lag. Makes it very frustrating to read or post.

Also, during these episodes AW becomes a temporary data hog.

I've tried clearing my cache/history, clearing cookies, restarting. Right now I'm at the library, because I can't afford to post to AW on my limited plan when it's eating data like this. I'm having the same lag problem here as I had at home.

Last time it lasted a few days. Right now this is the 2nd day of problems.

Thanks for any help!

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Try this: instead of going directly to the root URL (www.absolutewrite.com), try going directly to a subdirectory, like www.absolutewrite.com/forums, or (what I use) your profile page. I have this problem at work (but not at home, for some reason) and it appears to be a script that runs and gobbles up memory and cpu.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Please disable/turn off third party cookies on AW. We don't use them.

In fact, with the exception of "transaction" sites like banks or libraries, it's generally a good idea to disable third-party cookies.

pentimental

Registered
Reaction score
Please disable/turn off third party cookies on AW. We don't use them.

In fact, with the exception of "transaction" sites like banks or libraries, it's generally a good idea to disable third-party cookies.

Oh, I always keep third-party cookies disabled. I meant that on Firefox, I keep ALL cookies disabled, so I can't sign in there. Thanks for responding, though.

pentimental

Registered
Reaction score
Try this: instead of going directly to the root URL (www.absolutewrite.com), try going directly to a subdirectory, like www.absolutewrite.com/forums, or (what I use) your profile page. I have this problem at work (but not at home, for some reason) and it appears to be a script that runs and gobbles up memory and cpu.

Okay, thanks, I just just changed my bookmark to do that. I also disabled Java and Adobe Flash drive. One of the three seems to have solved it tonight, unless the script- which appears to run about once a month - simply stopped running.
Weird, huh? Appreciate your help!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The script runs at least once a day. It runs around 3:30 A.M. CST (US).